N. Ryceville Harness Shop

I

ilovemyappy

Hi, was wondering if anyone had North Ryceville Harness Shop in Mechanicsville make them a handmade saddle? Is it worth getting? Comfort etc?

nutz

They made one for us and I think it turned out very nice. Had to take the horse 2 times because we had a little trouble finding a tree to fit properly. The one he thought would be (and was) best was, of course, out of stock. After that, we asked for certain things to be done and he did all of them. Wanted the rear housing, skirt and fender tooled with a matching basketweave and extra padding in the seat with a little different seat itself. All we heard was, no problem. We asked alot of questions and got great answers. Final pricing was what we had seen alot of used saddles go for.

He repaired another one of our saddles and it was exactly what we asked for.

For price and quality, IMHO, it would be hard to find better people to deal with. Only problem is these guys don't answer the phone :lol: You gotta have a little patience or run up and down the road alot. Stopped by Fri. to pick up a couple things and they were closed for lunch, had to wait about ten minutes.

Last edited:
I

ilovemyappy

Thanks nutz for the info. Your saddle sounds very nice!

Their selection is really nice and they had lots of western saddles to choose from. I have a big bodied paint/qh that I just got and need to size him up for his own gear. The place is a little out of the way for me but it will be worth it for a new saddle.

They are located on 13900 Stoltzfus Lane, Mechanicsville (this is the address off of the saddle brochure)

Tazgirl

I have two saddles that they made for my husband and myself about 5 years ago. We are very pleased with them.

Hoover

Just had one made for CLevalley. Havent gotten to use it yet due to my unfortunate accident, but looking forward to it in the spring when I am walking.