Nail Polish

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Anyone have any tricks for making it stay on? I use a base coat, two coats of color and a top coat and after just one day it's peeling. No matter what I do it happens every time I paint my nails. :ohwell:

morganj614

pixiegirl said:
Anyone have any tricks for making it stay on? I use a base coat, two coats of color and a top coat and after just one day it's peeling. No matter what I do it happens every time I paint my nails. :ohwell:

What brand are you using? I use OPI and the only reason I have to redo my nails is because they grow out so fast. It stays on. Make sure there are no oils on your nails, do them right after you use polish remover. :huggy:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
pixiegirl said:

a different brand of nail polish :shrug:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
morganj614 said:
What brand are you using? I use OPI and the only reason I have to redo my nails is because they grow out so fast. It stays on. Make sure there are no oils on your nails, do them right after you use polish remover. :huggy:

I use all brands. I've never found one that doesn't peel and chip. I buff before then use remover to remove the dust/oils.

Don't buff beforehand, slightly rough nails allow the polish to stick better. In fact, you could try LIGHTLY scuffing your nails with the emory board first to help the polish adhere better. Use light coats, allow more time between coats, and if the polish is rough after the final clear coat, buff that coat and then put on another very thin coat of clear. Kind of like painting a car.

huntr1 said:
Don't buff beforehand, slightly rough nails allow the polish to stick better. In fact, you could try LIGHTLY scuffing your nails with the emory board first to help the polish adhere better. Use light coats, allow more time between coats, and if the polish is rough after the final clear coat, buff that coat and then put on another very thin coat of clear. Kind of like painting a car.
So that's how you have been keeping your toes so purty and pink...:yay:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
huntr1 said:
Don't buff beforehand, slightly rough nails allow the polish to stick better. In fact, you could try LIGHTLY scuffing your nails with the emory board first to help the polish adhere better. Use light coats, allow more time between coats, and if the polish is rough after the final clear coat, buff that coat and then put on another very thin coat of clear.
no comment :peace:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
huntr1 said:
And there you have it, Pix. :yay:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
huntr1 said:

:lacquerthinnerandspraypaint:

AMP

Jersey attitude.
CVS sells that spray stuff they use in the salons to dry nails faster between coats. I have used that Sally Hansen Chrome - the clear stuff in the silver bottle - as a top coat, and it helps the polish stay on longer.

bluecat

Sally Hanson Nail polish ''tough as nails'' I found stays on very well and it's even hard to get off.

Once you take off your nail polish, wash nails with soap and rinse and dry them really good.

kwillia said:
So that's how you have been keeping your toes so purty and pink...:yay:
crabcake said:
no comment :peace:
Chasey_Lane said:
And there you have it, Pix. :yay:
I just substituted "finish on furniture" for "nail polish on fingers". What I posted was my basic procedure for getting a high quality, durable finish on antiques that I have restored. Since I buy them in beyond crappy condition, when I refinish them, I do them the way I want them, not the way they were originally (i.e. gloss polyurethane instead of laquer).

K

Kizzy

1st paint your nails with clear, let that dry, then apply 2 coats of color, dry, then another coat of clear.

S

Shutterbug

Kizzy said:
1st paint your nails with clear, let that dry, then apply 2 coats of color, dry, then another coat of clear.

Ummmmm....Kizzy??? (see Pix's original post)

pixiegirl said:

:huggy: :lol: