Navy Exchange Question...

Kerad

Speaking of the Navy Exchange, I prefer Miracle Whip instead of mayonaise on my sandwiches. Although, I don't really like Miracle Whip nor mayonaise on my peanut butter sandwiches...just doesn't taste right.

X-Factor

The Dark One
according to my quick search, its still open and here are the hours and contact info:

(301) 342-0618

Optical Shop (Tue-Sat 0930-1600, Closed Sun-Mon)

itsbob

I bowl overhand
There's an optical shop on base?

I really like the Nacho's at Del Taco, but not as much as the Fajita Burrito at Montereys.

We talked to Charlie yesterday at BJ's, hoping things are going to get better at St James Pub, like their menu..

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
elaine said:
I thought so. If it's still there, it's well hidden.
No it's out in the middle of the hall. Right next to the hair shop. It's a weird place, but it was there four days ago.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
mv_princess said:
No it's out in the middle of the hall. Right next to the hair shop. It's a weird place, but it was there four days ago.
The watch kiosk is in the middle of the hall next to the barber shop. I think they sell sun glasses.

Vince

elaine said:
The watch kiosk is in the middle of the hall next to the barber shop. I think they sell sun glasses.
And that's about all they sell, sun glasses. The optical department on base is closed to all but active duty and it's not located at the Exchange. It's over my Occupational Health. Being retired myself, I can't get in to see the doc unless it's an emergency and I have something in my eye. Even then it's tough.

Vince said:
And that's about all they sell, sun glasses. The optical department on base is closed to all but active duty and it's not located at the Exchange. It's over my Occupational Health. Being retired myself, I can't get in to see the doc unless it's an emergency and I have something in my eye. Even then it's tough.

I know that active duty can get their prescription glasses and possibly contacts through optometry - over at the health clinic, but for spouses and such you have to buy glasses/contacts at a regular store (nothing available on base), from my understanding.