Navy orders cuts to begin now; thousands fired

cheezgrits

Thought pirate
Can't wait for the cuts? Really? So apparently this will have no impact on you whatsoever.

you realize the cuts they are talking about are local salaries and jobs, right?

And the "cuts" it will produce account for 1% of what's needed?

thurley42

HY;FR
Can't wait for the cuts? Really? So apparently this will have no impact on you whatsoever.

you realize the cuts they are talking about are local salaries and jobs, right?

And the "cuts" it will produce account for 1% of what's needed?

Probably a jealous idiot.

abcxyz

Bring on the cuts!! If the only way we can get cuts to happen is by doing them this way, then so be it, it is better than no cuts at all. I'd like to see this done every 6 months until Congress passes a budget.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Bring on the cuts!! If the only way we can get cuts to happen is by doing them this way, then so be it, it is better than no cuts at all. I'd like to see this done every 6 months until Congress passes a budget.

It is hard on those being cut, for sure, but it is a long-needed reality. Tough reality, that have been expected by individual notices/warnings given to employees/contractors last October before the election...

Oh, wait! Those notices/warnings were not sent out due to pressure from the White House because of the upcoming election .......

White House Discouraging Layoff Warnings In Days Before Election

"The Obama administration has sought to quell the fear of mass defense layoffs in presidential battlegrounds like Virginia, where letters sent in early November warning about the possibility of job losses could discourage thousands of defense workers from backing the incumbent."

Contractors told to hold off on layoff warnings due to fiscal cliff spending cuts - Sep. 28, 2012

Nothing political about that, for sure.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

They're not actually cutting anything, jut increasing spending by a lesser amount. If the funding was there last year it's still there.

So you have to wonder what they're actually spending the money on. We know it's not the space program.
Must be Obamacare

BOP

It is a shame the current administration would rather cut defense spending than welfare spending. I'm a fan of cutting both but that is another ball of wax. Navy going to have to run a tighter ship!

You mean like the battle group that can't afford to deploy, the carrier that can't go into dry dock for overhaul, or the carrier that can't afford to steam out of dry dock? A tighter ship like that?

abcxyz

You mean like the battle group that can't afford to deploy, the carrier that can't go into dry dock for overhaul, or the carrier that can't afford to steam out of dry dock? A tighter ship like that?

I'd mothball most of the fleet and use bombers with as much fire power as need to neutralize the threat. The Province formally known as Baghdad would have been renamed Bombed-Dad under my watch. Countries that don't want us to have bases there and/or use their air space; no check for you!