need a new computer

terbear1225

our computer is offically deceased. any suggestions of what to replace it with? we don't need anything too complicated, and don't have a lot of money to spend.

Vince

Just upgraded my dell to 1gig of RAM with a 2.53 processor. That's enough for now. Next I need a laptop so I can sit in front of the TV and post stuff. :lol:

jbeaverjr

terbear1225 said:
our computer is offically deceased. any suggestions of what to replace it with? we don't need anything too complicated, and don't have a lot of money to spend.
best buy has some good deals rather inexpensive (less than $500.00) look in friday's enterprise or sundays post for an ad.

M

Mousebaby

I have 3 Dell's and love them all! I have one that is so old it roars but it still works great! I think if you want a good machine go with either Dell or HP. I am personally not an HP fan but they have done a lot of improvements lately! Good Luck!

Unix, quit tempting me to throw out the old puter and bring in a new. Hubby is having a fit! :lmao:

unixpirate

Pitty Party
Mousebaby said:
I have 3 Dell's and love them all! I have one that is so old it roars but it still works great! I think if you want a good machine go with either Dell or HP. I am personally not an HP fan but they have done a lot of improvements lately! Good Luck!

Unix, quit tempting me to throw out the old puter and bring in a new. Hubby is having a fit! :lmao:

My son and I have Dell laptops. OH! He works for Best Buy!
Dell :larry: We both sit in the living room or downstairs. Vince :razz: Get with the times. :lol:

If you buy from Best Buy, you have to request XP. The standard is Vista. My son in law bought a laptop from BB and he's sorry he did. :lalala:

BTW, isn't HP's CEO a female :elaine:

unixpirate

Pitty Party
unixpirate said:
My son and I have Dell laptops. OH! He works for Best Buy!
Dell :larry: We both sit in the living room or downstairs. Vince :razz: Get with the times. :lol:

If you buy from Best Buy, you have to request XP. The standard is Vista. My son in law bought a laptop from BB and he's sorry he did. :lalala:

BTW, isn't HP's CEO a female :elaine:

Ok, :stupid:

terbear1225

drove up to annapolis today. picked out a dell inspiron 530. dual-core processor, 1gb memory, 19" flat panel monitor or $499.

M

Mousebaby

terbear1225 said:
drove up to annapolis today. picked out a dell inspiron 530. dual-core processor, 1gb memory, 19" flat panel monitor or $499.

Heck of a drive! But I'm glad you found one that worked for ya! :clap:

terbear1225

eh. not so bad. besides, if I hadn't aked my father to "help" me pick one out, he probably would have been insulted.

bcp

In My Opinion
Mousebaby said:
Heck of a drive! But I'm glad you found one that worked for ya! :clap:
best buy annapolis is only like 15 minutes drive.
thats not too bad.

M

Mousebaby

bcp said:
best buy annapolis is only like 15 minutes drive.
thats not too bad.

How was I supposed to know they were that close? :shrug: I wasn't aware BB sold Dell's? Whatever, I'm tired, goodnight! :snooze: