Need a Steam Cleaner??

Kizzy said:
I just got the heavy duty Bissell deep cleaning machine. My small light weight one is still working very well but for tough cleaning, so I needed something stronger more powerful. The Oreck broke again and now it is in the back of my truck to go in the trash forever. The Bissell is amazing, sucked the dirt right out of the carpet. It has made my 7 year old carpet look fantastic, very clean. I ran out of cleaner so I will finish the rest of it this week. Great machine. :cheers:
I don't believe you, come to my house tonight at 6:30 to demonstrate on my carpet and prove me wrong!

:cheers:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Kizzy said:
I just got the heavy duty Bissell deep cleaning machine. My small light weight one is still working very well but for tough cleaning, so I needed something stronger more powerful. The Oreck broke again and now it is in the back of my truck to go in the trash forever. The Bissell is amazing, sucked the dirt right out of the carpet. It has made my 7 year old carpet look fantastic, very clean. I ran out of cleaner so I will finish the rest of it this week. Great machine. :cheers:

What kind of carpet do you have and what color? When we moved all the furniture out of the house in Indian Head the carpets were funky despite the fact I shampooed them once a month. B had packed up all the cleaner and God only knows where it was. I had nothing except bathroom cleaner and bleach. I decided to try a cup of bleach and figured if I ruined the carpets we could just give the buyer a couple hundred bucks to replace them. One cup of bleach and hot water made that carpet (berber, cream colord with dark brown flecks) look like new. I had to open all the windows cause the smell killed me but the carpets looked great. Brent went to the house the next morning for the final inspection and said they still looked really good even after they dried. I'll never use "carpet" cleaner again!

K

Kizzy

Pete said:
Cool I let you be the boss and order me to the kitchen to make you a cheeseburger

Now there is an offer I cannot refuse. :razz:

K

Kizzy

pixiegirl said:
I decided to try a cup of bleach and figured if I ruined the carpets we could just give the buyer a couple hundred bucks to replace them. One cup of bleach and hot water made that carpet (berber, cream colord with dark brown flecks) look like new. I had to open all the windows cause the smell killed me but the carpets looked great. Brent went to the house the next morning for the final inspection and said they still looked really good even after they dried. I'll never use "carpet" cleaner again!

I have done this before and it works extremely well berber, you just have to be extremely careful, too much bleach and you will ruin your carpet.

Pandora

The Bissell Green Machine :yay:

It is a canister type steam cleaner for big jobs and it comes with more attachments than I'll ever know what to do with, but it works pretty well. I was happy to see that the water hoses are all exterior; easier to trouble shot a problem. Lets see how long it last before I bust it up. :rolleyes:

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
Pandora said:
The Bissell Green Machine :yay:

It is a canister type steam cleaner for big jobs and it comes with more attachments than I'll ever know what to do with, but it works pretty well. I was happy to see that the water hoses are all exterior; easier to trouble shot a problem. Lets see how long it last before I bust it up. :rolleyes:

It's been 3 years since you started this thread....... How's it holding up? :killingme

Pandora

Suz' said:
It's been 3 years since you started this thread....... How's it holding up? :killingme

:ohwell: I really could be a tester for Consumer Reports on vacuums and steam cleaners.

No sooner did I get this Green Machine connected, the phone rang and I tripped over it. No first I tripped over the cat THEN the Green Machine. I didn't break it. (yet)

The cheap Bissell stopped sucking about 6 months ago and the Oreck broke soon after we moved here in 2004.

After that, I got a Eureka and THAT broke.

I think it is that we live in a throw away society and everything is made cheap. It cannot be that I have a huge black cloud over my head that dooms all vacuum cleaners and steam cleaners that I touch. :ohwell:

Vince

Pandora said:
No sooner did I get this Green Machine connected, the phone rang and I tripped over it. No first I tripped over the cat THEN the Green Machine. I didn't break it. (yet)
So is the Green Machine any good? I need a new carpet cleaning machine. Recommendations?

bcp

In My Opinion
I like the portables, they are much easier to use and produce as good a job as the truck mounts with the proper chemicals.
this is the one I use, cost is around 3grand but it will clean almost all stains, and leave the carpet dry within the hour. (or so)

Attachments

• extractor.JPG
    extractor.JPG
    6 KB · Views: 66

Pandora

FromTexas said:
My recommendation is don't let Pandora near it if you want it to keep working.

That would be really good advice. :ohwell:

Vince,

The Green Machine rated #3 on Consumer Reports list. It is a canister type, so keep that in mind if you have a bad back.

I owned another Bissell canister for 9 years, and the only thing that went wrong with it was the hose split. I couldn’t find a replacement part anyway. That is when I started buying uprights, and I have had no luck since then keeping one operational longer than 8-9 months.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
bcp said:
I like the portables, they are much easier to use and produce as good a job as the truck mounts with the proper chemicals.
this is the one I use, cost is around 3grand but it will clean almost all stains, and leave the carpet dry within the hour. (or so)
Here's what I have found. Once your friends find out you have a carpet cleaner, they "borrow" yours instead of buying their own. Next thing you know, you've used it five times, friends have used it 20 times and you are stuck with a broken carpet cleaner.

Hey, can I borrow yours? My best friend has had mine for 2+ months and my carpets need cleaning. TIA :huggy:

Last edited:

Pandora

I got the Dyson DC7 Full Gear about a week ago, and I LOVE it.

The Dyson is expensive. I paid just under $400.00 for it, but it cleans tile and hard wood floors with ease, in fact better than cleaning it with a broom and dustpan.

It is so easy to clean the dirt out of, just snap off, hold over a trashcan, push a button, snap it shut and done. Other vacuum cleaners I have owned that do not have bags required you to twist the dirt container off ending up with a good majority of it on your clothing.

I did finish cleaning my carpets with the Green Machine and it is a massive improvement. I can clearly see that it wasn’t the shampoo I was using. It wasn’t that the stains were so deep that they weren’t coming up. It was my carpet machine that was preventing me from getting them clean.

The only PITA con to the Green Machine is that filling it up has to be done in the bathtub and even that is tricky. I paid roughly $130.00 for the Green Machine but a few uses and I have paid for it when you compare the cost of renting one.

I have made a decision that once carpet in this house is in need of replacing I will be going to tile or hardwood floors.

Pandora

05-14-2006 10:05 PM nobody cares

I care God damn it.... It's my thread. I'll talk about my vacuum cleaners and steam cleaners if I wanna. :moon:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
slotted said:
Can I borrow someone's carpet cleaner?
If you still need to use one, let me know. I have one sitting in the utility closet, just waiting to be used. It's a full-sized one with a few attachments, and works pretty well.

slotted

BadGirl said:
If you still need to use one, let me know. I have one sitting in the utility closet, just waiting to be used. It's a full-sized one with a few attachments, and works pretty well.
You're soooo sweet.