Need charity to give stuff to.

zigg72md

I am trying to find a charity to take stuff but haven't had any luck. Would like some ideas please. I recently cleaned out the basement and have a lot of baby/toddler stuff (exersaucers, walkers, other toys). I have had bad luck with Freecycle but don't want to just throw the stuff away. Thank You.

Lizzy4459

I know that thrift stores can't take children related items due to a new law in Maryland. There is a shelter for Women and Children in Callaway called Leah's House. The number is 301-994-9580.

muttdog

I donated a bunch of stuff to the national childrens society, they came to the house and picked it up, left me a donation form for my taxes. Sorry I dont have the number right now.

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
In Lusby, there is a charity called SMILE that would accept your baby related items. They give the donated items to poor families that cannot afford them.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
In Lusby, there is a charity called SMILE that would accept your baby related items. They give the donated items to poor families that cannot afford them.

Or it gets sold and then resold (at a much higher price) along Rt 4. :ohwell: I give my stuff to SMILE though as long as it's not cluttering up my house any longer, I don't care what's done with it.

C

campinmutt

SPOT in st leonard(Calver County) is a thrift store that will sell it to pay for low cost spay and neuters for local pets....

SoMDGirl42

I am trying to find a charity to take stuff but haven't had any luck. Would like some ideas please. I recently cleaned out the basement and have a lot of baby/toddler stuff (exersaucers, walkers, other toys). I have had bad luck with Freecycle but don't want to just throw the stuff away. Thank You.

I recently did the same. I donated my stuff to the pregnancy center just south of the base. They were VERY thankful for the donations.

GardeningGal

http://forums.somd.com/life-southern-maryland/158364-compiling-list-worthy-local-charities.html

Right here on this forum. There are family/children related charities included on the list that might take the items you have.

tygrace

I recently did the same. I donated my stuff to the pregnancy center just south of the base. They were VERY thankful for the donations.

I think you're talking about CareNet, and there is one in Lusby by the Post Office, that would gladly take donations as well.