Need Prayers

M

missperky

Hey Dad, it's been 11 months...Where has the time went? It's still hard not having you around. I love and miss you..

Attachments

• S6300471.JPG
    S6300471.JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 127

Roughidle

missperky said:
Hey Dad, it's been 11 months...Where has the time went? It's still hard not having you around. I love and miss you..
Missin'em is just the love lingerin' on...best to ya MissPerky and God Bless.

M

missperky

1 year ago today a wonderful man was taken so suddenly...This wonderful man was my dad, what it meant to lose him.. It has been a tough year...Going on without him....Not having him to talk to. The grandkids asking about him. I wish you didn't have to go so soon, but we know your suffering is over. It's hard to explain in words the pain of losing you...

I love you so much and not a day goes by that I don't think about you. I wish you were here...:bawl:

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jaybeeztoo

1 year ago today a wonderful man was taken so suddenly...This wonderful man was my dad, what it meant to lose him, noone knows. It has been a tough year...Going on without him....Not having him to talk to. The grandkids asking about him. I wish you didn't have to go so soon, but we know your suffering is over. It's hard to explain in words the pain of losing you...

I love you so much and not a day goes by that I don't think about you. I wish you were here...:bawl:

:huggy:

C

CalvertNewbie

2 years ago on 10/1 you went home to God.. Doesn't seem like it has been 2 yrs. Dad you are missed a lot and thought about a lot. We love you very much and hope you are doing okay.

YouTube - Crystal Shawanda - You Can Let Go

I just read this entire thread and my heart is breaking. Although it's very late, I just wanted to say I'm so sorry for your loss. It's obvious that not a day goes by that you don't think about your Dad. I know how you feel.

I just lost my Dad on 09/30. Wednesday will be one month since he's been gone and I'm an emotional wreck. I'm 22 weeks pregnant with his first grandbaby and that makes this time even harder for me. Cancer took his life also, at the young age of 59. Once it spread to his brain, he went downhill quick and luckily, didn't suffer for long at all.

Is there anything to do to make this time any easier? I miss him so much. :huggy:

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
I just read this entire thread and my heart is breaking. Although it's very late, I just wanted to say I'm so sorry for your loss. It's obvious that not a day goes by that you don't think about your Dad. I know how you feel.

I just lost my Dad on 09/30. Wednesday will be one month since he's been gone and I'm an emotional wreck. I'm 22 weeks pregnant with his first grandbaby and that makes this time even harder for me. Cancer took his life also, at the young age of 59. Once it spread to his brain, he went downhill quick and luckily, didn't suffer for long at all.

Is there anything to do to make this time any easier?
I miss him so much. :huggy:

:huggy: I can't say that I have found anything to make it easier. I lost my mom almost 5 years ago. Cancer took her life at the age of 52.

C

CalvertNewbie

:huggy: I can't say that I have found anything to make it easier. I lost my mom almost 5 years ago. Cancer took her life at the age of 52.

Cancer has struck so many families, it's so sad. I lost my Dad, my Mom & MIL have both battled cancer (all is well for now for them). Almost everyone I know has been affected by it in some way. It just shows us that we need to live life with no regrets and we need to appreciate who we have in our lives because life can be way too short.

Hopefully this will get a little easier with time.

nicole_M

:yeahthat: Time has helped heal a little. It's been 7 years a few weeks ago that my father and uncle were murdered. They were 38 and 39.

I'm so sorry for your loss...

Hope you are feeling well :huggy:

C

CalvertNewbie

:yeahthat: Time has helped heal a little. It's been 7 years a few weeks ago that my father and uncle were murdered. They were 38 and 39.

I'm so sorry for your loss...

Hope you are feeling well :huggy:

Wow, I can't imagine going through this times two. Your father & uncle? What a horrible ordeal for your family. :huggy:

foodcritic

I think this song fits well, as your dad is no longer suffering. I have been where you are and the mixed emotions are very difficult to deal with. Grieve for yourselves but rejoice for your father as he is now pain free.

"Brad Paisley - When I Get Where I am Going"

When I get where I'm goin'
On the far side of the sky
The first thing that I'm gonna do
Is spread my wings and fly

2nd Verse

I'm gonna land beside a lion
And run my fingers through his mane
Or I might find out what it's like
To ride a drop 'a rain

Chorus

Yeah, when I get where I'm goin'
There'll be only happy tears
I will shed the sins and struggles
I have carried all these years
And I'll leave my heart wide open
I will love and have no fear
Don't cry for me down here

3rd Verse

I'm gonna walk with my Grandaddy
And he'll match me step for step
And I'll tell him how I've missed him
Every minute since he left
And then I'll hug his neck

(Repeat Chorus)

Bridge

So much pain and so much darkness
In this world we stumble through
All these questions I can't answer
And so much work to do

Tag Chorus

But when I get where I'm goin'
And I see my Maker's face
I'll stand forever in the light
Of His amazing grace
(Oh when I get where I'm goin')
There'll be only happy tears
(I love you, yeah)
I will love and have no fear
(Yeah, when I get where I'm goin')

My Grandpa passed away last October. I delivered his eulogy and played this song and a couple others. I still think about him when I hear it.

:buddies:

jsouthan

Here is a song that helps me get through times of grief and remembering that we will see our loved ones again, even though it is hard while we are still here and so far from them. I pray that it brings you some comfort as well.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
"Homesick" by Mercy Me
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You're in a better place, I've heard a thousand times
And at least a thousand times I've rejoiced for you
But the reason why I'm broken, the reason why I cry
Is how long must I wait to be with you
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I close my eyes and I see your face
If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place
Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
I've never been more homesick than now
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Help me Lord cause I don't understand your ways
The reason why I wonder if I'll ever know
But, even if you showed me, the hurt would be the same
Cause I'm still here so far away from home
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I close my eyes and I see your face
I've never been more homesick than now
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In Christ, there are no goodbyes
And in Christ, there is no end
So I'll hold onto Jesus with all that I have
To see you again
To see you again
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And I close my eyes and I see your face
Won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
Won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I've never been more homesick than now[/FONT]

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Happy Belated 54th Birthday Daddy! Love and miss you! :love:

See you later today.

Sending out thoughts and prayers to you, your sister, and other members of your family, along with a new song that has been a source of comfort to me recently when thinking of my own Dad, who also passed away from cancer. Remember the good times and he will always be with you! :huggy:

C

CalvertNewbie

Sending out thoughts and prayers to you, your sister, and other members of your family, along with a new song that has been a source of comfort to me recently when thinking of my own Dad, who also passed away from cancer. Remember the good times and he will always be with you! :huggy:

Pretty song. :huggy: