Neglected Dog - Need advise

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Yikes. Aub, I totally understand where you're coming from, I really do. But what you're doing is very illegal and you're putting yourself in serious jeopardy by doing this. People that have these yard ornament dogs, tend to have their own "personal protection ornaments" inside their homes too, and you never know how many loose threads they have left. They will have zero qualms about shooting your ass to bits if they wake up and catch you on their property.

Please stop what you're doing before your good intentions turn in to a bigger mess. Harrass Animal Control or something. Anything but trespassing and messing with personal property. :shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Please stop what you're doing

Yes, Aubriana, you effing criminal. Stop sneaking around peoples' homes in the night and messing with their property. Nobody should have to tell you that.

Sorry, as someone who has actually had criminals in my home pawing through my things - not to mention stealing from me - while I slept, I take this #### very seriously. I think Aubriana should be arrested. I hope the people who live in the area she's been prowling are reading this and take proper precautions.

slotpuppy

Ass-hole
Yes, Aubriana, you effing criminal. Stop sneaking around peoples' homes in the night and messing with their property. Nobody should have to tell you that.

Sorry, as someone who has actually had criminals in my home pawing through my things - not to mention stealing from me - while I slept, I take this #### very seriously. I think Aubriana should be arrested. I hope the people who live in the area she's been prowling are reading this and take proper precautions.

Does this mean I should stop peeking in your windows? :coffee:

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
Last time I called animal control in St. Marys about a similar situation I got this...

"Sorry, if the dog has a dog house to shelter in there is nothing we can do."
broke my heart. I just knew I was doing the right thing by calling. :(

:coffee:

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!

How many Days with no Smokes Vrial :killingme get iritated easier now :buddies: Yes i undertsand both sides, but NOT YOUR J.O.B lady. call animal control!

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Last time I called animal control in St. Marys about a similar situation I got this...

"Sorry, if the dog has a dog house to shelter in there is nothing we can do."
broke my heart. I just knew I was doing the right thing by calling. :(

Sadly critters don't have rights to much.

luvmygdaughters

I wouldn't compare Aubriana's actions with those of a criminal who would break into someone's home and steal things. She is interested in the welfare of the dog, and as someone who has been thru a similar situation with our neighbor, I can identify. Unfortunately, the resources to call to get help are very limited and as Ark mentioned, animals don't have many rights to protect them. Of course not everybody brings their dogs into the house, and that's perfectly acceptable, except in extreme cold conditions, such as we're having. I'm not sure if you can call animal control if the temperature drops to a certain degree and recommendations are to bring pets inside. I wish I could be more help.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I wouldn't compare Aubriana's actions with those of a criminal who would break into someone's home and steal things. She is interested in the welfare of the dog, and as someone who has been thru a similar situation with our neighbor, I can identify. Unfortunately, the resources to call to get help are very limited and as Ark mentioned, animals don't have many rights to protect them. Of course not everybody brings their dogs into the house, and that's perfectly acceptable, except in extreme cold conditions, such as we're having. I'm not sure if you can call animal control if the temperature drops to a certain degree and recommendations are to bring pets inside. I wish I could be more help.

Sadly even bringing an animal into an unheated garage doesn't help matters much. You can't make people care more. Until more legislation is enacted to protect critters, this will continue. There are organizations that lobby to get laws changed. I would recommend that aubriana would be a great asset to one of the lobbying groups. Those groups need passionate people to help them spread the word, and get things done. Many times they attend pet-related events in their local community to pass out brochures and talk to people about the work the organization does to help animals.

Restless

Aubriana, if you came onto my property and fooled with my dog, I would beat your ass in public. If you came sneaking up "under cover of the night", I would shoot you.

I think Aubriana should be arrested for the numerous crimes she has admitted to in this post.

Where is a cop when you need one?

Geez, lady, lighten up! Aubriana is trying to help a poor dog that lives like crap and may freeze to death in this cold. I can't say that I wouldn't do the same thing. Anytime I see an animal or person in need, I will help. It is people who turn their backs on the suffering of others that make me sick. I have seen other posts that you have done concerning animals. I would not want to be a dog or cat in your possession. What a horrible, miserable life they must lead.

Aubriana, give the Animal Control folks a call. I have dealt with them many times and truly believe most of them have the utmost concern for the animal's welfare. If they take the dog to the shelter, let the shelter know that you will try to find it a home. You can post on here or Pets - Lost and Found in Southern Maryland. A picture would be great. There are lots of people who are compassionate and will try to help find the dog a good home. You also might want to call the Animal Relief Fund or go to their Saturday adoptions at the Well Pet Clinic. They are great people and may have some suggestions that we haven't thought of.

God bless you, Aubriana! I am happy to see that there are still people in St. Mary's Co. with compassion!

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Aubrianna, or the person who knows the house that she's talking about, should do what you can, and that's to alert animal control. At least they'll go out and take a look, and give them a warning. That could help get the dog through this winter, at least. Maybe even prompt the owners to find a new home for the dog. If you do nothing, nothing will change. If you give it your best shot, you'll sleep better knowing you did.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I am outraged.

This is why people think SoMDers are a bunch of inbred redneck trailer trash: because you all apparently think it's just fine to go prowling around peoples' homes and mess with their stuff, steal their pets, whatever. You freaking encourage each other to do it. You'd think by now you people wouldn't be able to shock me but I just can't get used to your ways here.

Not one effing person (besides me) thinks it's wrong for someone to go prowling around peoples' homes at night? Really? This is why you all suck and decent people hate it here.

:cheers:

sdm

Aubriana, I would like to thank you for being a caring and compassionate person for the animals. There are so few around. The animals need people to speak for them as them cannot speak for themselves. High 5's to you!

Please contact Animal Control at (301) 475-8018 or (301) 475-8016 (after hours). The Animal Control Officers do care. Report what you have seen. They will investigate.

Thank you for not turning a "blind eye" to this poor baby's plight. You may be his/her angel.

There are many rescues in the area that could use a helping hand from a good hearted person like you. Please consider checking into it. They'd be happy to have someone who cares like you do.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Aubriana, I would like to thank you for being a caring and compassionate person for the animals. There are so few around. The animals need people to speak for them as them cannot speak for themselves. High 5's to you!

Yeah, Aubriana, keep up your good work. Maybe next time you go prowling you'll get your ass beat or shot. :yay:

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
Yikes. Aub, I totally understand where you're coming from, I really do. But what you're doing is very illegal and you're putting yourself in serious jeopardy by doing this. People that have these yard ornament dogs, tend to have their own "personal protection ornaments" inside their homes too, and you never know how many loose threads they have left. They will have zero qualms about shooting your ass to bits if they wake up and catch you on their property.

Please stop what you're doing before your good intentions turn in to a bigger mess. Harrass Animal Control or something. Anything but trespassing and messing with personal property. :shrug:

Nicely put.