"Negro"

steppinthrax

(1) I wasn't even alive in the 50s and I'm not from Maryland, southern or otherwise.

(2) I "come across" non-whites all the time. Like, every single day. Singles and groups.

(2b) I have no anger about "racial issues" unless the issue at hand is me personally being unfairly hated because of my skin, or the racial rabble rousing that goes on in this country.

(3) I know of precisely zero white people who would take true offense at being called some lame racial slur. I myself have been called honky and cracker to my face, and it didn't occur to me to get all pissed off about it. I am secure in my race and don't feel the need to be defensive about it or feel some sort of inferiority.

I started this thread because I had a question, nobody seemed to want to answer it, so I took it upon myself to search for an answer. When I found it, I posted it. You can attach some nefarious intent if you need something to get jacked up about, but it's really as simple as that.

As far as you "calling me out", you did no such thing. You merely parroted the "how dare you??? :drama: " response you've been fed by your handlers. So if you want an education, instead of having a cow because you can't answer a simple question, the links are in my original post in this thread.

You contradicted yourself.

(3). So if you know Zero whites that means it dosen't exist right? Most mainstream whites would be offended in the use of Honkies/cracker etc. In addition you contradict yourself here because in one instance you talk about how you were offended whereas if I use the term Honkie (a CHARGED term), you are not. So if I want to talk #### to your face I would just dress it up in a term v.s. explaining what the term means, right? :smack:

I answered you already, you just refuse to listen. Then once you got my answer you got angry! :)

steppinthrax

So if they're so offensive, why are they a part of the NAACP, NCNW and UNCF along with dozens of others?

It's just more BS. I asked several people I work with. They weren't informed by the "Official Black Authority" it was now offensive.

Seems to be just out of common use.

I think this may answer your question.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/4142989/

Those are the name of prominent organizations and groups that cater to African American issues and for the advancement there of. This is very different than calling someone a Moron or Housewife.

Apparently it's kept for antiquity. Most importunately those organizations cater to African Americans. But you even see in there, it says they have been wrestling with the name change for some time. I guess at some point it may be changed.

But it goes back again that at one point "Colored" and "Negro" were considered correct terms.

steppinthrax

Why is it dumb, Negro? Here they are..in their own words, shortbus. You are the ignorant one. As usual. And of course you elevate "obtuse" to historic levels.

http://www.aaregistry.org/historic_events/view/negro-word-history

Did you really read what you posted. I'm surprised you didn't snip out the sections from that paragraph to make it fit your narrative.

It fell out of favor in the 70.. Is today 1970's, or are you stuck in the 70's?

It's use is OK in organizations... When Viral was discussing it did she use it in the context of the NAACP or UNCF?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Apparently you're not inviting all the black folk ro your meetings.

And apparently now housewife is offensive?

:shakesheadruefully:

Then We have far too many ####ing offended that need to just draw their bath and slit their wrists.

:lmao:

steppinthrax

And PS, dumbass, I didn't ask anyone why I *can't* refer to them as Negroes - I asked them why *they* do not embrace that term. They collectively had the same ignorant asinine response as you - "How DARE you!!! :tantrum: :drama:" so I found my answer elsewhere, from someone intelligent who actually thinks about things instead of mindlessly reacting, and who is willing to educate instead of bust #### up and spew hatred.

Hmmmm.

So you resulted in name calling, now? Embracing is inferring that they should be called that, it's one in the same. In that context you are also asking them why don't they want to be called "Negors". But then again this is one of those "no one from here was there" and the I'd really have to be there to see you, how you approached them and who they were.

I would suspect you lacked any "preamble" in the conversation or any delicacy.

steppinthrax

Apparently you're not inviting all the black folk ro your meetings.

And apparently now housewife is offensive?

:shakesheadruefully:

Then We have far too many ####ing offended that need to just draw their bath and slit their wrists.

:lmao:

Housewife is apparently offensive among a litany of other terms such as....

Gypped
Gimp
Crippled

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Hmmmm.

So you resulted in name calling, now? Embracing is inferring that they should be called that, it's one in the same. In that context you are also asking them why don't they want to be called "Negors". But then again this is one of those "no one from here was there" and the I'd really have to be there to see you, how you approached them and who they were.

I would suspect you lacked any "preamble" in the conversation or any delicacy.

What is wrong with you? I told you what happened, and now you doubt that and have made up this crazy narrative that you're so sure it must be instead of what I told you it was.

:crazy: