New Alternative to Breezeline

I have hated Metrocast/ABB/Breezeline for as long as a I can remember. In November they doubled my internet bill from $73 to $149 because the promotion I was on ended. I called and asked to be put on a new promotion and they said no because I was an existing customer. The woman was unfriendly and I was just done. I had 1GB service at that price.

I happened to see an ad for T-Mobile 5G home internet. Now I know what you are thinking and there is no way I would have T-Mobile for phone service in St. Marys. That said, being that I live in Leonardtown, and it was no risk I thought I would give it a try. I went to the store in Wildewood, got the modem and in 10 minutes had it working on my router. I get 4 out of 5 bars at my house near Ryken. So far the service has been good. we get between 200-400 mbs down. We have no kids, but me and my wife both work at home and steam a lot, so we use a lot of internet.

The best part is the service is only $50 a month flat rate, and the price never goes up.

Here is the page for it below-

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I went on their site and ran the availability query .....no service available for Piney Point yet.

I went on their site and ran the availability query .....no service available for Piney Point yet.
You do have to be in an area with 5G coverage to use it I think. Not sure if other companies have 5G down there yet. I know Verizon offers similar service, but claimed it was not available at my address.

Clem72

You do have to be in an area with 5G coverage to use it I think. Not sure if other companies have 5G down there yet. I know Verizon offers similar service, but claimed it was not available at my address.

I checked and it said they don't cover my area, despite the fact that my house has fairly strong 5g signal on t-mobile phones.

I checked and it said they don't cover my area, despite the fact that my house has fairly strong 5g signal on t-mobile phones.
From what I have seen a lot of people take these on travel and between houses. I would find an address that they approve, walk in the store and give them that one to get the modem and test.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Available, but limited spots left!!!!!! OMG!!!

I'll stick with Starlink for the moment.

It is actually good they do that. If they allow too many people on, then the service slows down for everyone. I looked at starlink, but these seems faster, and may be the most likely of all internet service to go down.

Available, but limited spots left!!!!!! OMG!!!

I'll stick with Starlink for the moment.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
It is actually good they do that. If they allow too many people on, then the service slows down for everyone.
That's certainly the case with Breezeline. We pay for 500 down and 100 up business service and it's always far less than that, especially during "busy" times of the day. It's quite obvious they oversell their available bandwidth.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I don't notice any speed difference for time of day, but they certainly have dropped data rates. No more "unlimited". Used to get 250-300Mb/s, now it's less than 100. From everything I've read, they've oversold the resources. Some coastal subscribers on both coasts are having their dish re-orientated to point out over the ocean where the satellites aren't so heavily used, but the latency increases and performance decreases.

It's supposed to get much better when the v2.0 satellites are launched and they get up to the number of orbiting satellites they originally said they would.

BernieP

Resident PIA
VerizonWireless in Leonardtown isn't all that great. Sometimes I get service, other times calls drop out.
There is something funking where I live, other people have had similar problems with cell service in town.