New Atv/dirtbike Park Near Budd's Creek?

KDENISE977

I heard some they were opening a NEW avt/dirtbike park down near the current Budd's Creek ATV park? wondering if anyone had any info???

sm8

I know south of the race tracks on the same road opposite side there is a new playground/park with ball fields that has a dirt bike track at it.

St. Mary's County Recreation, Parks and Community Services - Dorsey Park

Here is a link to the park it does say "Also, the Southern Maryland BMX group, a private, non-profit organization, is managing and operating the BMX track in the park; please contact Frank Bohannon at (301) 466-0508 bohannod@aol.com or Dave Rivera (240) 431-8034 theriveras@md.metrocast.net for additional information on the BMX track. Citizens are encouraged to visit the Southern Maryland BMX website at SOMDBMX for information on events, schedules, race results and information for new participants"

Last edited:

BEADELDOG

Thats the same park right? Just under new management? Hope they fixed up the track.

It is the same track. It is my understanding from talking to them, that the guy responsible for the track used to race district 7 for years, so you would think he would know how to fix it up. Guess we shall see!!

jrmy1080

Let me know if they did anything with the track. The jumps were washed out last time we went and was pretty lame. And for 300 acres their wasn't that many trails. Also let me know if they enforce the boot rule, they didn't last time and I don't have the monies to get some new ones so i use my mc boots.

BEADELDOG

Let me know if they did anything with the track. The jumps were washed out last time we went and was pretty lame. And for 300 acres their wasn't that many trails. Also let me know if they enforce the boot rule, they didn't last time and I don't have the monies to get some new ones so i use my mc boots.

I went this past weekend. The track is definitely not washed out, the park looks clean ( I know weird since it is all dirt.) They changed the trails so they are all one way. I talked to one of the owners for a while and he said they going to be making changes frequently. They will be putting in a separate track for ATV's, just takes time and money. The prices where better; I think it cost $130.00 for my son and I to ride the last time I went; it was $40.00 this time. The good thing is the kids are only $25.00. They do enforce the boot rule, but they just have to be boots that cover your ankles.