New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

Pushrod

Patriot
In case anyone missed it, looks like DB Mcmillans closed. Not a shocker..medicore food, and a sports bar the closes Sunday.

This was actually my favorite restaurant in the area. Loved their bangers and mash. Oh well, to each their own I guess.

merc669

Not sure why but the location for anything in Wildwood seems to have the touch of death on it and only a matter of time until it closes. A number of nice restaurants has come and gone there and from rumor Paradise and Outback not doing extremely well either.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
In case anyone missed it, looks like DB Mcmillans closed. Not a shocker..medicore food, and a sports bar the closes Sunday.

I've lost count how many businesses have failed in that location since it first opened up as a Perkins. !

stgislander

PREMO Member
I've lost count how many businesses have failed in that location since it first opened up as a Perkins. !

See that's funny. I don't think the failure of Perkins was due to location. I remember the Perkins, both there and in Leonardtown, always being full of customers.

SG_Player1974

...and from rumor Paradise and Outback not doing extremely well either.

I do believe those rumors are just that.... rumors!

Have you ever driven past Outback on just about any day of the week? If they are failing... it definitely isn't due to lack of customers!

I will admit that Cheeseburger in Paradise seems to have slowed down however, it is winter.

Agee

Hank

my war
Say it isn't so... :cds: is Lighthouse Liquors in Charlotte Hall closed :cds: that was my favorite brew through

They went way downhill on the beer selection.... Mostly all domestic. They used to have that back fridge stocked with the good stuff.

KDENISE977

They went way downhill on the beer selection.... Mostly all domestic. They used to have that back fridge stocked with the good stuff.

Doesn't that place up with the Hair Cuttery and Sweet Frog have a pretty big beer section?? I know there liquor and wine section is HUGE!!!!

After paying almost $50.00 for two thirty packs I never went to Lighthouse again. I even aruged with the guy because he had a sign outside that said a sale price and he refused to give it to me. Hopefully new owners will take over. They were way overpriced.

OldHillcrestGuy

Yes it looks like Lighthouse is closed. That was my to go store for my lottery tickets, probably been going there for 20 plus years. They knew my numbers and had them ready when I walked through the door. My wife and I don't drink except maybe parties or banquets so I don't know about their liquor prices. After it was sold the new owners especially the wife kept the store going pretty good. Once she left to have her baby and her husband started running the place he ran it into the ground. Always had a grumpy look and then he couldn't keep his help, so he was running it almost all the time when it was open. When he lost his gas pumps it was downhill from there.
I liked playing my numbers there because I did not have to go across Rt. 5. I have been going to Freds for about the last 6 months to play the lotto, a lot friendlier folks. Hopefully new owners will bring that place alive again.