New Home Construction

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by smile
NONE of us know the person who started it and they could just be a person that is never pleased.

It's true - so let me play devil's advocate here. I'm not saying pcteach is in the wrong or in the right, but there ARE 2 sides to every story. Just because pcteach is having a bad time doesn't meant that Jim's Custom Homes suck in general.

I have talked to a couple people in my neighborhood who were overall happy with our builder, but who did have some complaints. Then there is me, who loves them and can't complain one bit. So, not everyone is going to have the same experience and each should be judged independently.

Sort of like when someone goes to a restaurant and has a horrible experience. That person tells all of their friends that they hate the place, they aren't going back, yada yada yada. It doesn't necessarily mean the place is horrible, just that the ONE time the ONE person went there everything wasn't 100% perfect.

P

pcteach

New Construction

I was just reading what pwf has been saying. Just wanted to let you all know, this is either Jim's wife or daughter. If you read the previous threads, you can just see what I have been going through.:mad: This is exactly the way she has talked to us. As I said in my original post, there are at least 10 people that are unhappy here, not just me. And, it has not rained for 4 months, check the weather forcast. In fact, it was so dry for 2 weeks, we parked in the dry mudd, which is my front yard. I also agree with vraiblonde. I am the one paying for this house, and I deserve to have a decent home. I also agree with PoliticalAnlyst. I would love to come back on this forum and say, the builder has worked out all problems, and I have a nice yard, and a driveway that I can actually pull my car into the garage. To Jeneisen, I must say, Please come to Aberdeen and ask about 15-20 neighbors, its a very small division, and then you will hear lots of complaints....

P

pcteach

New Construction

laureng...That's right, you do not know me. But I assure you, I am a very pleasable person...I only treat people with total respect. I have been through a nightmare having my dream home built. Now, its not a dream any longer. I felt I needed to warn other people out there, about what I have been through. I would love to have you come and visit me.....just take a drive out here and look at the street, (not paved) the broken down dump truck (been in the road for about 7 months now) and house's with all the mudd....and unfinished yards and driveways...stop and chat with a few neighbors...then you can understand...

Yahooligan03

Originally posted by pwf
Jim is a small builder and gets to things as he can. He manages to build a lot of homes which leaves little time for anything else. He does deserve a life. He wasn't able to get to everything very quickly but when he did take care of it there was no problem.

You just proved what some have been trying to point out. He bit off more than he could chew. If he is a small builder, he should only take on a small number of projects that he can easily manage. He does deserve a life, but has chosen a line of work that is customer service oriented and directly affects others. That means putting the business ahead of all else at times when it is necessary.

P

pcteach

New Construction

Smile---- I did say at least 10 people are unhappy, and because of this post, I now have found 3 more to join in.....that actually have a home built by Jim's Custom Homes. I am not the only one that has major problems. Yes!!! You must be the lucky one, or the proud owner of the first home he built.:rolleyes:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Yahooligan03
He bit off more than he could chew. If he is a small builder, he should only take on a small number of projects that he can easily manage.
Shoot! I was going to post that but you beat me to it!

PWF, you've probably hurt Jim's cause more than you helped it. I might have thought PCTeach just got an aberration but you've ponted out how this "builder" overreaches himself to the point that he can't give any kind of customer service. You also said that Jim is stubborn, which isn't a builder I'd want to work with. Then getalife furthers the cause by saying that, if you don't like the house you just spent a fortune having built, tough sh*t - move.

Yeah, that's a real recommendation for ol' Jim there. :duh:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
P.S. I hope neither of you are either him or his family members - but it would explain a lot.

P

pcteach

New Construction

vraiblonde

You are so right.. I was told several times, to NOT go and see the house. It isn't my house until it is a closed deal. We were hiding and peeking, and parking at neighbors houses, we befriended, to just see how the house was being built. We got caught peeking at our house, and was yelled at like little kids. "We told you several times, you are NOT allowed to be on the property..." Now, the house is ours, and after several months, we still don't have our 30 day checklist done, and a straight driveway, that leads to a side load garage we can't even get into, without making at least, 5 dramatic maneuvers. All I want, is what I deserve, and paid for, and to warn people, not to make the same mistake's we did...

Thanks laureng

Christy

b*tch rocket
Here's my two cents. Home builders "build" a zillion homes. Home Buyers "buy" very few, most homeowners have a lot at stake. It's money they've saved for and it's a HUGE investment. For a builder to blow that off is just plain irresponsible.

As far as builders having to deal with unhappy people day in and day out and need a life, well boo flippin hooo! Welcome to the real world. I've got to deal with over reactors EVERYDAY, but you know what? I DEAL with them. I cuss and spew in my own office, but when it comes to the customer, I bite my tongue and do what I have to do to make them happy, that's how it goes when you're being paid for a "service". :rolleyes:

harveston

new construction/rain

laureng, i noticed that you had commented that your neighbor's had recently had their properties seeded,etc. it sounds like that is all that pcteach also wants done,her property to be made habitable. yes,it has rained alot but it has also been "nice" alot too!(that's why your neighbors were able to get their "stuff" done)
at least your neighbors' had it completed. pcteach's builder sounds as if he isn't even attempting to do anything! if you drive by aberdeen ,check it out, it is a MESS! drive by...

harveston

sign

pcteach should ,i'm sure someone will read it. your message will get out! and a sign should definitely be put on her property. the neighbors will probably back her up . there is power in numbers. get some sort of petition signed by all the people before you start filing complaints,it will be looked at more seriously! good luck!

harveston

some of my reply was left out. it read that pcteach should put a sign up in her vehicle window and one on her property!

smile

Re: New Construction

Originally posted by pcteach
Smile---- I did say at least 10 people are unhappy, and because of this post, I now have found 3 more to join in.....that actually have a home built by Jim's Custom Homes. I am not the only one that has major problems. Yes!!! You must be the lucky one, or the proud owner of the first home he built.:rolleyes:

pcteah- Just wanted to let you know that I too have been a recent purchaser of a Jim's Custom Home (last year sometime), so no I was not the first house he ever built. Also, about your early post and checking the weather about the rain. I am not exactly sure what you are talking about, it has at least rained one day a week, if not more, for at least the last two months. In less I am in la-la land and just dreamed that up, but I don't think that is the case. I am just curious about something that you keep on saying though, when you say 10 people are unhappy, do you mean 10 houses owned by people or are you counting all of the people in someones house?

smile

Originally posted by cariblue
Everyone take note. If it rains one day, the whole week is a wash, and you can't use your phone.

Did I say that?? Don't think so. Her comment was about how it hasn't rained in the last 4 months. Heck it has rained the last three days in a row!!!

P

pcteach

New Construction

Smile--- Did I hear something about a IP address in Buffalo, NY..hmmmm There are 2 people per home, that means at least 5 house's so far. Since I have only been in my new home 4 months now, and just met a few people, I would say that is a amazing number of people unhappy. As far as the rain goes....I never said, its NEVER rained....but funny though, since they sent out a landscaper to get an idea how long it might take to finish 4 homes, and the Landscaper was AMAZED that it was so dry.....If he would have started the next day, all of our homes would be done....It did not rain for almost 2 weeks...an a sprinkle, is not considered rain...:razz2:

watercolor

yeah yeah
Re: New Construction

Originally posted by pcteach
"We told you several times, you are NOT allowed to be on the property..."

well I will atleast say this. They told you not to go into your house or site.. because of a liability facotr. It probably stated this also in your contract with signing with this company. I am not saying they are right in all the aspects that have happened. BUT I DO HAVE KNOWLEDGE in the department above.

Such is stated in the contracts that we have with our customers. Basically because.. if they go fartin around on the job site and step on a nail, or they trip and break their finger...who will it fall back on? Surely because nine times outta ten the human beings is an greedy one..they will come back onto the builder and say 'I was out on site, and blah blah blah and hurt myself..here is my bill' HARDLY WORKABLE! They had told you to stay out for a reason...to keep you safe...and to keep their butts from a lawsuit. You could have at any time.. gone and asked for them to accompany you to your sight. WE do it here all the time. Because people are interested in the inner workings. If they told you no, then I am sorry to hear that. But they do have reasons for telling you to STAY AWAY..because of legality

simply stated in our contract we have the below:

ARTICLE 7 ACCESS TO WORK
Due to the safety and insurance requirements, the Custom Home Buyers agrees to not come on site where the work under this Contract is being performed without prior permission of the Custom Home Contractor.

Basically simply stated for the comsumer's protection.

Not yelling.. just stating a fact.