New Restaurant in Jaspers Building

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
He gave one of the ovens to my neighbor to test, and he and I spent a few days experimenting on crust, cooking times, amount of sauce, etc.. before Rob put them into service.
What a fun experiment!
I will not be going back. You're honestly the first person that I have seen/heard give a good review of the place.
I was there with my daughter and niece several weeks ago on a Tuesday around 5:30, so it wasn't packed at all. I had a rockfish special, niece had pizza and I don't remember what the girl had. We were all happy with the food and service. Maybe because our waitress was the older sister of one of my nieces good friends. :shrug:

ltown81

Elements is poo. We have been there twice. First time food was bland, and service slow. Based on it being Blue Wind's owner, we decided to go back figuring it was because they just opened. Went there again, and food was worse, and the service slower.

It is funny, from their facebook page, the stuff looked really high end, and unique for the area. Yet, when you get there it is Blue Wind food..but not as good.

Insane71

REALITY, IT'S A BITCH!!!
Hmm, the wife and her friends went to Elements for lunch and they loved it. She informed me that we would be trying it on our next "date". Now, I'm having mixed feelings based on reviews in here...

Agee

Hmm, the wife and her friends went to Elements for lunch and they loved it. She informed me that we would be trying it on our next "date". Now, I'm having mixed feelings based on reviews in here...

the only review that really matters is your own...

btw, Rose does have impeccable taste :yay:

IneedSkrimps

Hopefully it is similar to Red Oak Bistro in La Plata. Prince Frederick needs a cool bar with good beers and good food. Somewhere that wont attract SMIBs, but will attract young professionals looking for a cool place to grab drinks. All there is now is mediocre chain restaurants that don't really draw a good crowd. I cant believe people go to apple bees to drink.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I wouldn't even count the last one. That was a cluster#### of poor management/ownership.

I will patronize the new place just because I really like the bar area, especially for sports. Hopefully they won't cheap out like the previous owners and get the NFL package. I can't tell you howm many times someone walked in asking if they had it.

I agree the place was pretty lame. Went there once. Service was okay, but the food was disappointing. I hope the new place works out. I'm all for variety, and PF needs it.

Hank

my war
Hopefully it is similar to Red Oak Bistro in La Plata. Prince Frederick needs a cool bar with good beers and good food. Somewhere that wont attract SMIBs, but will attract young professionals looking for a cool place to grab drinks. All there is now is mediocre chain restaurants that don't really draw a good crowd. I cant believe people go to apple bees to drink.

That's what I like about Jasper's... They had an awesome selection of craft beers & actually had good food w/ great lunch specials. Regardless, I will patronize the new place for the bar area alone. I can't stand The Turtle!

RPMDAD

That's what I like about Jasper's... They had an awesome selection of craft beers & actually had good food w/ great lunch specials. Regardless, I will patronize the new place for the bar area alone. I can't stand The Turtle!

Really liked it when it was Jaspers, liked the bar area, and the food and service was good the several times we went there. Never went there when it was the Mexican food place. We always go to Mexico, or La Tolteca. Looking forward to trying the new place love wood oven cooked pizza. Used to love Vic’s Italia by the Bay in Ches Beach but it closed.

sockgirl77

Elements is poo. We have been there twice. First time food was bland, and service slow. Based on it being Blue Wind's owner, we decided to go back figuring it was because they just opened. Went there again, and food was worse, and the service slower.

It is funny, from their facebook page, the stuff looked really high end, and unique for the area. Yet, when you get there it is Blue Wind food..but not as good.

It bugged the crap out of me that their storage room is in the middle of the restaurant. Maybe that's just me though.

Chris0nllyn

We all know what'll happen....

New restaurant + something that is different = Outrageous lines, and raves about the food for a few months.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

One of the issues with the place is the inadequate parking area and it's on a hill and it's not near, or in, a shopping area. Don't know how they'll make anyway, the restaurant industry is being beaten to death.

Oh, for for those of you who love all things mexican, the old Monterey in Lusby will have a new Mexican restaurant you can to go to.

calvcopf

:shrug:
If I may ...

One of the issues with the place is the inadequate parking area and it's on a hill and it's not near, or in, a shopping area. Don't know how they'll make anyway, the restaurant industry is being beaten to death.

Oh, for for those of you who love all things mexican, the old Monterey in Lusby will have a new Mexican restaurant you can to go to.

If you are talking about the old Jaspers building in PF, they have plenty of parking.:shrug:
There have been issues with the owners of the building (vs Jaspers) and the Mexican place was just not managed properly. There have been many issues, but I don't think the parking lot was the problem.

frequentflier

happy to be living
The kiss of death in many restaurants seems to be inconsistency of good food. Unfortunately, a lot of places need awhile to find the happy medium with their food.

Next is poor management which in turns usually means lousy help. Personally, I hate being called "you guys", being answered with "no problem" and watching a server texting while people are waiting for refills or to have their table cleared.

Christy

b*tch rocket
I will not be going back. You're honestly the first person that I have seen/heard give a good review of the place.

Are you serious? I LOVE Elements. I've not had anything bad there. It's basically Blue Wind, improved. The drinks are great too. I had the "Old Fashioned" and :yum:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Are you serious? I LOVE Elements. I've not had anything bad there. It's basically Blue Wind, improved. The drinks are great too. I had the "Old Fashioned" and :yum:

We're going there tonight for dinner and looking forward to trying it. :yay:

Bann and I just had this discussion a few days ago, how some people will dog a restaurant that others think is terrific. You have to take the person dogging into consideration. If they're someone who raves about Appleby's and posts about all the macaroni and cheese and tuna casserole they eat, they're not going to enjoy a restaurant that doesn't serve that type of food. The person who thinks dumping a can of mushroom soup over pork chops is great home cooking isn't the type of person who's going to enjoy a place like Elements.

Not to bust on peoples' taste in food - they like what they like - but you have to take that into consideration when they're giving a restaurant review.