New Restaurant in Jaspers Building

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I thought it was awful. But I'm a NY pizza snob. :biggrin:

I am a Napolitan pizza snob, but I love me some pizza - so I love to try various styles and tastes. Pizza Tramp, that's me. :biggrin:

One caveat: I like simple, basic ingredients, mostly veggies and only sausauge or pepperoni. No hamburger, ham, bacon, pineapple, sardines, etc. for me!

Forkian

So, I don't like the full name for this new "Brick Place", can't ever remember it. But what is the menu like? Is this just another pizza place or what?

Hank

my war

There is a pdf file on their FB, but for you.... I shall post the pics of the menu.

https://www.facebook.com/Brick-Wood-Fired-Bistro-1440620792909766/timeline/

11988694_1475092736129238_2189313376311834506_n.jpg

11954722_1475092699462575_1925071907064079472_n.jpg

Bann

PREMO Member
There is a pdf file on their FB, but for you.... I shall post the pics of the menu.

https://www.facebook.com/Brick-Wood-Fired-Bistro-1440620792909766/timeline/

:yay: The menu looks pretty good! We're definitely going to be trying it. So close to home, too.

I don't need to have gluten free, but some of the comments on the FB page are funny.

"How well will the staff be trained against cross contamination for the gluten free items? I ask because we'd like to come but don't want my daughter to get sick."

Then someone else says "Chances are they don't have a dedicated wood oven for GF."

Is this a problem? That you can't cook GF dishes in the same ovens?

Hank

my war
Tried this place out last night. I give it a thumbs up. Long wait (no big deal) but great service & really good food. We ordered a bunch of stuff an shared around the table. We ordered Oysters Brickafella, Spicy Mussels, Brick Fired Wings & Fries for Appetizers. The Mussels were small but really good, plus it was a big portion. Oysters were tasty as well...Then we ordered The Saltimbacca, Roasted Mushroom & Shrimp Diavolo Pizzas along with the Pork Chops. The shrimp pizza, not so great. Looked like gulf shrimp and they weren't deveined, which is a big deal to me. That was the only negative from the night. The pork chops were amazing! Out of the pizzas I enjoyed the roasted mushroom... I definitely want to try the prime rib. I saw a couple plates come out and it looked really good. The bar is still intact w/ sports on the televisions although they don't want to be labeled a sports bar. No NFL ticket. They offer a lot of really nice scotch as well, so we enjoyed one after our meal. It was a good night!

Bann

PREMO Member
Foxhound and I were there last night, too! I actually did look around for you, Hank, although not in the bar area.

We were there at 5pm - no wait at all. Waitress was excellent & hardly any wait for our food.

FH is low carbing right now, so I decided not to order pizza, as we really like to share so we aren't committed to just one type. We decided to order appetizers and a salad for dinner. We chose the Charcuterie Board and the fire roasted wings, and we both ordered Caesar Salads. We really liked all the food, and the wings were awesome cooked that way.

I did ask for the wings without their seasoning rub on them, since I don't like oversalted food, and they were still very delicious. They had a fire roasted rosemary taste. Although they were meaty, I will say that 6 wings for $11 is a little pricey. Same with the Caesar salad at $9. Since we were sharing, we ordered a 2nd order of wings, which were more char roasted than the first order and we thought those tasted even better.

We will definitely go back! There is a lot to try. Oh, one more thing - since I am not a wine connisseur, and they didn't have any White Zin, (and the waitress didn't know the wines, so she couldn't reccommed one) I didn't want to order a wine and not like it. I think the only Rose they had was by the bottle only. So I went with a plain margarita (with no salt) and it was good.

Below are 2 pictures I took. I have a new phone, so I'm getting used to the camera app. I guess the pic of the wings didn't take. :ohwell:

ForumRunner_20150926_153402.jpg

ForumRunner_20150926_153416.jpg

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I am considering going here one night this week, but after reading several YELP reviews, I'm not so sure...

Hank

my war
I am considering going here one night this week, but after reading several YELP reviews, I'm not so sure...

Looks like people were only bitching about the prices or the wait.... It is their first week open. There will be some rough edges to smooth out, although that has nothing to do with the pricing.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Looks like people were only bitching about the prices or the wait.... It is their first week open. There will be some rough edges to smooth out, although that has nothing to do with the pricing.

Perhaps I'll give it a bit more time.