New Sushi place in Wildewood

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
basher said:
I'm sorry otter, but I was very disappointed with the service and the food. The food was horrible....too salty. I mean if you're gonna put soysauce, don't add salt as well....twice. the cook kept forgetting everything, and
the waitress kept messing up my order.
The food costs twice as much as Asahi for half the amount of food. You guys really need to work on the recipe for your YumYum sauce too, it was disgusting......I coulda cooked a better meal. I was there opening day
and saw no such specials. If you guys don't shape up, you guys aren't gonna stay open too long going against a far better place like Asahi.
Sorry all, I would not recommend going to this place at all........ :boo:

I too was there opening day and was terribly disappointed. Our waitress did not have a grip of the English language and looked at me as though I had 3 heads when I tried to order a glass of Chardonnay. She didn't undertstand white wine either. Another waitress came over and said there was a communication problem (no #### Sherlock) and asked for my drink order.

I agree that the food was WAY to salty, I even left my leftovers because of that. I also agree that the portions are half the size of Asahi. One of our tablemates ordered the chicken, shrimp and scallops. He got his chicken (two small tenderloin strips), his shrimp and only 4 small scallops.

I won't be going back.

basher

LEET
RoseRed said:
I too was there opening day and was terribly disappointed. Our waitress did not have a grip of the English language and looked at me as though I had 3 heads when I tried to order a glass of Chardonnay. She didn't undertstand white wine either. Another waitress came over and said there was a communication problem (no #### Sherlock) and asked for my drink order.

I agree that the food was WAY to salty, I even left my leftovers because of that. I also agree that the portions are half the size of Asahi. One of our tablemates ordered the chicken, shrimp and scallops. He got his chicken (two small tenderloin strips), his shrimp and only 4 small scallops.

I won't be going back.

Hi RoseRed, I think we were tablemates! :howdy: Don't forget we waited almost an hour for the cook to come out. Yeah, I got 4 lousy scallops, but he did give me extra shrimp, I could care less for salty a$$ shrimp......and he distributed the chicken to everyone, that he was supposed to give to me. I was being very polite, but I was burning with rage inside......I don't know why I bothered tipping at all since they messed up my order so bad. I was gonna dispute the bill, but I just wanted to get out of there as fast as I could. I just wanted us to enjoy the rest of our anniversary.....

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
RoseRed said:
only 4 small scallops

Did he check to make sure there wasn't one hiding underneath something else on the plate? I hear that happens a lot. :shrug:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
basher said:
Hi RoseRed, I think we were tablemates! :howdy: Don't forget we waited almost an hour for the cook to come out. Yeah, I got 4 lousy scallops, but he did give me extra shrimp, I could care less for salty a$$ shrimp......and he distributed the chicken to everyone, that he was supposed to give to me. I was being very polite, but I was burning with rage inside......I don't know why I bothered tipping at all since they messed up my order so bad. I was gonna dispute the bill, but I just wanted to get out of there as fast as I could. I just wanted us to enjoy the rest of our anniversary.....

How funny that we were seated together! Whoulda thunk!?! I hope the rest of your anniversary went well. Your boys are adorable. :smile:

I left a really lousy tip. :yay:

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
I went there for lunch today with a few of my officemates...

While the place is aesthetically very nice and architecturally better laid out than Asahi, their food quality and service don't compare. Perhaps it's just a matter of having a few quirks to work out, but frankly if they don't do so soon I can't see them staying open very long.

The prices were comparable with Asahi.
The tables are larger and roomier than Asahi.
Portion sizes were much smaller.
The peanut dressing on their salad was quite tasty, but used in excess.
The "sauces" were awful (mustard sauce barely tasted of mustard, 'yum-yum' sauce was definitely not).
I ordered steak cooked rare...it ended up medium well.
The rice was so drenched in soy sauce that I could barely stomach it.
The vegetables had an unnecessary ratio of stringy sprouts.
Service was slow and inaccurate, however very polite.

I'll go back and give them another chance in a few weeks after they've had some time to make improvements, but as it stands they need a lot of work.

basher

LEET
jazz lady said:
Did he check to make sure there wasn't one hiding underneath something else on the plate? I hear that happens a lot. :shrug:

no i'm pretty sure there wasn't something hiding because they didn't bring out the scallops out until the very end.......i don't think i should be charged a dollar a scallop......it was 25 dollars for the meal: filet mignon, chicken and scallops.....i got lil bit of filet mignon, 2 pieces of chicken, and 4 scallops.....wtf.......oh at least i got some shrimp i don't care for

basher

LEET
RoseRed said:
How funny that we were seated together! Whoulda thunk!?! I hope the rest of your anniversary went well. Your boys are adorable. :smile:

I left a really lousy tip. :yay:

Yeah, small world!.......yeah we felt kind of sick after Otaku or whatever it is....so we went to Petruzzis for some great gelato....then we shopped at everyone's favorite So. Md. mall.....Target.
They should really open up a Todai Buffet here.....you ever been to the one in California?....in LA.....not MD. The best food I've ever eaten, all you can seafood.....I think they just opened one up in Northern VA.
Yeah, I think I left a measley tip as well, but they deserved it.....my meal was almost 100 dollars anyway.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
basher said:
Yeah, small world!.......yeah we felt kind of sick after Otaku or whatever it is....so we went to Petruzzis for some great gelato....then we shopped at everyone's favorite So. Md. mall.....Target.
They should really open up a Todai Buffet here.....you ever been to the one in California?....in LA.....not MD. The best food I've ever eaten, all you can seafood.....I think they just opened one up in Northern VA.
Yeah, I think I left a measley tip as well, but they deserved it.....my meal was almost 100 dollars anyway.

Never even heard of it. Hmmm... now I want gelato...

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
RoseRed said:
Never even heard of it. Hmmm... now I want gelato...

Okay... I know this is an old thread but I was thinking of going in there and was wondering if anyone has been in there since and has the food and/or service improved?

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Nicole_in_somd said:
Okay... I know this is an old thread but I was thinking of going in there and was wondering if anyone has been in there since and has the food and/or service improved?

The sushi was great today! :yay:

W

Wenchy

itsbob said:
I'll add to that and say.. Best Sushi in SOMD..

HUGE pieces, fresh, and it all looks and tastes GREAT!

Do they have a sushi bar or do you have to sit at one of the large tables?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Wenchy said:
Do they have a sushi bar or do you have to sit at one of the large tables?
They have a Sushi bar, and tall tables set off by themselves.. and 16 grills..