New to this

I was thinking about starting to get into photography. I helped a friend of mine do some wedding shoots and there stuff, it looks like a enjoyable and maybe Profitable thing to get into. So i was looking at the Canon EOS Rebel T2i 18.0MP DSLR Camera is this a good one to start out with for a person new to this???

JEB

Whoa, thats a lot of money for someone starting up.
Most pros have 2 cameras-1 for a backup-so why dont you get a lower end DSLR to learn with?
Learning would include understaning the camera's buttons, its lenses and accessories. And maybe dropping it a few times. [grin]
Then with the experience gained you could buy something like the T2i.

jbr13

www.jbr.smugmug.com
I was thinking about starting to get into photography. I helped a friend of mine do some wedding shoots and there stuff, it looks like a enjoyable and maybe Profitable thing to get into. So i was looking at the Canon EOS Rebel T2i 18.0MP DSLR Camera is this a good one to start out with for a person new to this???

Tonymdfl, The T2i will do you just fine. There are cheaper ways to be sure photography is something you want to get into. Point and shoot cameras with priority and manual modes are a plenty, and easier on the wallet. If you get into serious photography, the DSLR is just a start up cost. Lenses are a larger cost than the camera, at $700-$2500 per lens. You will end up wanting at least 3 or 4 lenses.

Take your time becoming a wedding photographer. Become a good photographer first. You have a nice advantage to know a wedding photographer, that you can assist and learn from. I am sure your friend assisted under someone else for some time learning the skills, and compositions of wedding photography.

somdfunguy

not impressed
Just picked up a T3i from Amazon the other day. Now I need to learn how to use it at a prosumer level.

Remember photography is a skill not something you can just buy into with the right camera. You may be able to take photos at a wedding but are they going to be any better than a bunch of disposables on each table?