New Trump claims about deadly Yemen raid appear to be untrue

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
exactly
trump was supposed to be the best at selecting good people to surround himself with. What happened to that?

I'd bet a fiver that 100% people of the involved in planning that mission a) were in place looonnnggg before Trump entered office and b) are still in place now.

Midnightrider

I'd bet a fiver that 100% people of the involved in planning that mission a) were in place looonnnggg before Trump entered office and b) are still in place now.

none of trumps advisors were in place before he entered office. that's who we are talking about here sporty.

if you are going to jump into the middle of a conversation at least try to keep up

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
none of trumps advisors were in place before he entered office. that's who we are talking about here sporty.

if you are going to jump into the middle of a conversation at least try to keep up

None of Trump's advisors planned that mission, short stuff. Try to focus.

glhs837

Power with Control
exactly
trump was supposed to be the best at selecting good people to surround himself with. What happened to that?

Ah, no, none of Trumps people would be on the level of review where a plan so fatally flawed should be rewritten or scrubbed. The supposed faults of this mission should have been caught at the Pentagon long before anyone in the White House ever saw it. If you fail to understand that, then perhaps commenting on military planning issues should not be your thing. Of course, all this assumes that there were such glaring faults to be seen. Might be all the supposed flaws were just Monday morning quarterbacking.

Midnightrider

Ah, no, none of Trumps people would be on the level of review where a plan so fatally flawed should be rewritten or scrubbed. The supposed faults of this mission should have been caught at the Pentagon long before anyone in the White House ever saw it. If you fail to understand that, then perhaps commenting on military planning issues should not be your thing. Of course, all this assumes that there were such glaring faults to be seen. Might be all the supposed flaws were just Monday morning quarterbacking.

who do you think hands this stuff to trump for approval? i am not saying the plan was or was not flawed. I am saying that the president has his advisors and he used them. he cant dodge responsibility by claiming the planning was done under Obama. Particularly not after campaigning on the idea that what Obama was doing was wrong.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Being unencumbered by facts is the edge MR always relies on to win arguments. Well..that and a remarkably pugnacious level of obtuseness...

glhs837

Power with Control
who do you think hands this stuff to trump for approval? i am not saying the plan was or was not flawed. I am saying that the president has his advisors and he used them. he cant dodge responsibility by claiming the planning was done under Obama. Particularly not after campaigning on the idea that what Obama was doing was wrong.

Damn, think we already covered that indeed the buck stops on President Trumps desk. But you also bypassed the bit where I pointed out that you can be responsible and not be the at fault party. Happened on his watch. He gets a bite of the sandwich. I do not disagree with that. But to act as if he had anything to do with the poor planning, if such even was the case, is simply wrong.

Midnightrider

Damn, think we already covered that indeed the buck stops on President Trumps desk. But you also bypassed the bit where I pointed out that you can be responsible and not be the at fault party. Happened on his watch. He gets a bite of the sandwich. I do not disagree with that. But to act as if he had anything to do with the poor planning, if such even was the case, is simply wrong.
Who said he had anything to do with the planning? He did make the call and is trying to pass the buck. I'm not bypassing the responsibility v fault part. I said pretty much the same thing.

PsyOps

Pixelated
you are responsible. you can blame who you want :yay:

I'm not blaming anyone. I know well-enough that these missions are complicated and dozens (if not hundreds) of planners are involved. you can have the perfectly planned mission and still have one guy in the field make the wrong move and the whole thing is blown. You Trump-haters are so fixated on finding things to blame on Trump that you fail to see the whole picture.