NFL Takes A Knee ....

Sapidus

baaaaa....baaaa....baaaa

The President of the United States publicly advised owners of private businesses to fire their employees for exercising their rights as Americans. (Do any of you "patriots" understand what that means?)

As disgusting as it is, every American in every stadium should have taken a knee. THAT is the America our military fights for. Our military exists to preserve our freedoms remember? It does not exist to create a monochrome, monotone citizenry that you people seem to want.

People should stand for the National Anthem because they want to not because they are forced to.

Exactly. It's funny these mouth breathers defend Nazi's right to march but when a minority who made it big takes a knee it they think "he is getting too big for his britches".
" he should just be thankful he made it out the hood" It's classic uppity negro syndrome These people don't even realize how racist they are.

This is a free country. You don't like it tune in to the game at kick off. Fly a flag from your house and say the national anthem all day long if you want.

Sapidus

You're absolutely right. The military fought and died to preserve everyone's right to spit on the very symbol that represents those rights they are exercising. How ironic. How ignorant that these 'kneelers' are clueless the pain and suffering that went into, and continues to, preserving these rights. They are incapable of looking at that symbol and that song as the representation of the foundation that was established to allow them to FREELY pursue their dreams, achieve those dreams, and make a damn awful lot of money living those dreams. Race, being their single microscopic lens in which they see everything; that symbol and song represents oppression, even though they ALL are far from oppressed. They are the very success stories that defines this country. That flag represents the fought-for and died-for freedoms that paved the way for their achievements. Rather than being thankful, they find a way to complain.

Compared to them, I have very little; but because I recognize that, what I do have, it wouldn't be possible without the struggles so many went through so I can have what little I have - I CHOOSE TO BE THANKFUL AND LOOK ONTO THAT FLAG AND SEE ALL THE GREAT AMERICANS THAT SELFLESSLY GAVE UP EVERYTHING SO I CAN HAVE WHAT I DO HAVE - ABOVE ALL, FREEDOMS THAT DON'T EXIST ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD. And I have been to a lot places in this world. We have bred an ungrateful, spoiled generation that only knows how to complain; even when life has been more than fair to them, they find a reason to complain.

They don't deserve my money or time.

How dare the rich advocate for the the less fortunate?! They should just be happy with what the have and not care about others. What kind of message is that.

If you don't want to see people exercise their first amendment rights tune in after kick off. If you don't want to see people of color demanding equal treatment tune in after the play the anthem It's not that hard.

If Nazi's can march in the streets with police protection but this is what triggers you then you really need to take a hard look at your feelings about people of color vs white people.

Midnightrider

How dare the rich advocate for the the less fortunate?! They should just be happy with what the have and not care about others. What kind of message is that.

If you don't want to see people exercise their first amendment rights tune in after kick off. If you don't want to see people of color demanding equal treatment tune in after the play the anthem It's not that hard.

If Nazi's can march in the streets with police protection but this is what triggers you then you really need to take a hard look at your feelings about people of color vs white people.

not to mention lots of NFL players have their own charitable foundations and organizations and give back plenty. Besides, this whole thing was pretty much done and gone until the name caller in chief decided to make it a big deal. Like an idiot he tried to tell the NFL owners what they should do, and they took being told how to handle their business exactly they way would expect them to, by resisting.

Trump owns this one. his mouth made this go from a few people no one notice kneeling to the new in thing. thanks Orange Obama :yay:

Restitution

This is not about the actual protesting....... THIS IS ABOUT THE MORONS DOING IT ON COMPANY TIME..... WHEN THEY ARE AT WORK!!!!! THERE IS NO BLANKET FREEDOM OF SPEECH AT YOUR WORK!!!

Hopefully that cleared things up!

And please stop throwing the Nazi and white people false equivalency out there.... Last time I checked, black people were responsible for more deaths of other blacks than white people were.... :rolleyes:

PsyOps

Pixelated
How dare the rich advocate for the the less fortunate?! They should just be happy with what the have and not care about others.

It doesn't surprise that you completely missed my point.

It was right in my post and it went way over your head.

Compared to Kap and his bent-knee, ungrateful ilk, I am one of those less fortunate types; yet somehow I am able to muster up some damn thankfulness for what this country has done for me, and recognize the people that gave all they had to ensure it.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I will too.....

Tebow was told NOT to kneel on the sidelines during the games... PERIOD!

And let's not forget when players wanted to put emblems on their shoes to recognize those that were killed during 911, and the league told them to remove it.

This_person

not to mention lots of NFL players have their own charitable foundations and organizations and give back plenty.

Just to clarify, are you speaking of those specifically who bend the knee for the anthem, or just in general?

Besides, this whole thing was pretty much done and gone until the name caller in chief decided to make it a big deal. Like an idiot he tried to tell the NFL owners what they should do, and they took being told how to handle their business exactly they way would expect them to, by resisting.

Trump owns this one. his mouth made this go from a few people no one notice kneeling to the new in thing. thanks Orange Obama :yay:

Yes, I'm sure he was asked about it because it was "pretty much done." That makes sense :rolleyes:

Weems

I will too.....

Tebow was told NOT to kneel on the sidelines during the games... PERIOD!

As is the NFL's right to ask/tell him not to do.

It would certainly be well within their rights to ask their players/coaches to stand for the National Anthem, too, but as far as I know they haven't done that.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Just thinking about how many of the kneelers would be dead now, Chicago/Baltimore style if they were not playing in the NFL..........

Wishbone

It doesn't surprise that you completely missed my point.

It was right in my post and it went way over your head.

Compared to Kap and his bent-knee, ungrateful ilk, I am one of those less fortunate types; yet somehow I am able to muster up some damn thankfulness for what this country has done for me, and recognize the people that gave all they had to ensure it.

That's because you aren't a part of the Arrogance and Entitlement crowd.

PsyOps

Pixelated
As is the NFL's right to ask of them.

Well, they didn't "ask" them, they told them.

But let's examine this for a moment.

May I kneel in prayer to my God? - No!
May I recognize those first responders who were butchered on 911? - No!
May I put a sticker on my helmet in support of the Dallas police? - No!
May I kneel during the national anthem and the posting of the American flag, so I can protest against police oppression, which also disrespects ever military service members that died protecting our right to opt out of the ceremony? - Why of course you can.

We're not about recognizing those who sacrificed for their country. To the contrary, we're all about sending a clear message that this country, and the flag that represents it, is oppressive and evil and unfair to minorities; even though the vast majority of players in the NFL are minorities - multi-millionaires at that.

Last edited: