nice places to eat in so. md

J

JWB_CWB

kwillia said:
Which is in the location formally known as "Evans" for those not aware...they serve great chicken.:yay:

Ahh Evans I forgot about them. I haven't been there in maybe 5 yrs. Is it still owned by the same people? That used to be one of my Favorite places to eat but it is so freaking far away from civilization.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
FromTexas said:
They do a mixed buffett for $29.99 they serve up nightly (10-12 items). It always has snow crab and a mix of other stuff (they are great about changing it around from what I understand). Last time I went, the rockfish was great along with excellent clam chowder on the buffett.

My TT stticks ttoo... :cheers:

Cheetah

I recommend-

Stoneys - obviously, they also have awesome strawberry shortcake. Don't think it is on the menu, but you can ask for it.

Adam's Rib - casual, reasonably priced, decent bbq, always packed with people on weekends.

Sakura - great sushi...Sushi Bob is the chef Mon-Sat and is excellent. We've moved, and still drive all the way there to eat his creations.

Frying Pan - very casual, a bit of a dive but good homemade food. I like their clam strips w/the bellies, chicken salad, and strawberry shortcake is to die for.

CD Cafe - a bit expensive, unique dishes. Delicious.

Silver Skewers (in Waldorf) - a bit of a hike from St. Leonard, but has really good kabobs. Suggest a reservation. Small place and just a little dressier than casual.

There's an Indian place in Lexington Park in San Souci plaza (?spelling). Pretty good food if you crave ethnic food.

That's all I can think of right now.

Tomcat

Anytime
Cheetah said:
I recommend-

Frying Pan - very casual, a bit of a dive but good homemade food. I like their clam strips w/the bellies, chicken salad, and strawberry shortcake is to die for.

That's all I can think of right now.
Cheetah- (or anyone else who knows)Do you know who's running the Frying Pan? I used to know the owners about 25 years ago and wondered if it's still in the family.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Tomcat said:
Cheetah- (or anyone else who knows)Do you know who's running the Frying Pan? I used to know the owners about 25 years ago and wondered if it's still in the family.
I think Scott Adams is still running it. I haven't been there is a while, though, so I may be incorrect, but I doubt it. :biggrin:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Cheetah said:
I recommend-

There's an Indian place in Lexington Park in San Souci plaza (?spelling). Pretty good food if you crave ethnic food.
This place has been closed for several months now, and has been replaced by Hot Noodle.

Cheetah

Wow! I guess I haven't gotten out much to Lexington Pk. We don't eat out much anymore now that we have kids. My how the counties are changing!