Nice restaurants?

acommondisaster

I don't know if they're having anything special for Valentine's Day, but Silver Skewers in Waldorf, on route 925, is one of my favorite dinner places. I like that it isn't a cookie cutter restaurant and the food is always good and the service has always been friendly and attentive every time we've gone. Shish kabobs - salmon, chicken, filet mignon, a mix....all good.

Hank

my war
Met my daughters and granddaughters at Adams Rib in Prince Frederick Friday nite. We cancelled our order and left. My daughters ordered crab dip for an appetizer. When the waitress brought it out, it stunk to high heavens. Looked like nothing but sour cream and some kind of weird smelling onion. Couldn't stand the smell. Left and went to the Sakura instead. That was good.

That's one place I definitely stay away from.

Hank

my war
I don't know if they're having anything special for Valentine's Day, but Silver Skewers in Waldorf, on route 925, is one of my favorite dinner places. I like that it isn't a cookie cutter restaurant and the food is always good and the service has always been friendly and attentive every time we've gone. Shish kabobs - salmon, chicken, filet mignon, a mix....all good.

That place is good. They didn't have a liquor license for a long time. Did they ever get one?

acommondisaster

That place is good. They didn't have a liquor license for a long time. Did they ever get one?

Don't know; the past few trips there have been for carry out on my way to work. I'm not a big drinker, so I wouldn't have noticed if they had one or not. Sorry. But still a good restaurant.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed

I've been here just once, but I really enjoyed it. We will have to go back there soon. Thanks for reminding me this place exists! :drool:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

I went there once and was very unimpressed.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Crab Imperial. And they better have the same cook. :yum:

Nick & Rusty will be running it and some of, if not all, of the same wait staff will be there, too. I'm sure there will be some new additions as well.

royhobie

hobieflyer
I'd like to go out for a nice dinner to celebrate Valentine's day but not ON Valentines because restaurants are always so busy... anyway, anyone have any suggestions? I'm open to different types of restaurants, but a little on the nicer end...

If you go to the Ruby Tuesday chain, be careful of their regular glasses. Their beer glasses are fine. But, the regular glasses have a horizonal seam that when you pick up the glass from the top two thirds, it has an established record of breaking in half. I watched as this happened to a customer at the Ruby Tuesday in California, MD. Ironically, the management didn't offer to pick up the tab for him. Just remember to pick the glass up from underneath and you will be fine.