Nissan Pavilion??

WorkinMomma

I am going to the Kenny Chesney concert at Nissan Pavilion this Saturday - Grass Seating. :larry:

Anyone have any info on Nissan Pavilion Grass Seating? I have never been. Will I be able to see Kenny :love: Should I bring a blanket to sit on or does everyone stand....

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
WorkinMomma said:
I am going to the Kenny Chesney concert at Nissan Pavilion this Saturday - Grass Seating. :larry:

Anyone have any info on Nissan Pavilion Grass Seating? I have never been. Will I be able to see Kenny :love: Should I bring a blanket to sit on or does everyone stand....

Take your own grass. Can't trust the "Hey, dude, have a little o' this" crowd.

rack'm

Jaded
WorkinMomma said:

You sit on the grass, bring a blanket and if you really like who's on stage, you can stand.

YW....:coffee:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
WorkinMomma said:

Bring a blanket. I don't think they'll let you bring a lawnchair. Pack a cooler. Bring food.

You'll be there a while.

You won't be able to see Kenny very well. The lawn seats aren't bad, but there's a reason they're only $25 (I think that's what they used to be). I've always gotten seat seats at Nissan. But I've also gone back to the lawn section to party with friends who had lawn seats. That's the party zone. :alkies:

MLGTS08

live.LAUGH.love
bring a blanket (Get there early) most people stand so you will most likely be standing so you can see. They have big tv screens next to the stage so you will be able to see his hottness up close on the screens.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
You will be able to see him on a big screen and be sure to take a blanket or chair.

When I went to Nissian and took my daughter to see :gossip: we were in the Orchstra (sp?) seating so we had excellent seats. Plus the performer went back to the people on the lawn and sang a song from there. I douby Kenny is going to do that though.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
nachomama said:
Bring a blanket. I don't think they'll let you bring a lawnchair. Pack a cooler. Bring food.

You'll be there a while.

You won't be able to see Kenny very well. The lawn seats aren't bad, but there's a reason they're only $25 (I think that's what they used to be). I've always gotten seat seats at Nissan. But I've also gone back to the lawn section to party with friends who had lawn seats. That's the party zone. :alkies:
FYI, the cooler and food are for tailgating. The pavillion doesn't let you bring much in since they want you to spend money there.

Here's a list of what they allow:
# Small purses / bags (12 inches x12 inches or smaller) / backpacks
# One sealed bottle of water, 32oz bottles or less! (some shows may require that the water be poured into a cup upon entry through the front gates)
# Small, personal (tote-type) umbrellas
# Blankets
# Binoculars
# Personal lawn chairs - seat must be no higher than 9 inches off the ground
# Limited food is now allowed in the venue. Food must be in a one-gallon clear plastic bag.

And what they don't
# Strollers
# Beverages (other than one sealed bottled water, for shows that allow)
# Video and Audio recorders (except for VERY specific shows)
# Professional cameras. No detachable lenses. (Non-professional cameras are allowed on specific shows determined by artist policy, please see the show advisory for a particular show.)
# No alcohol consumption in the parking lots
# No barbeque fires in the parking lot

WorkinMomma

migtig said:
FYI, the cooler and food are for tailgating. The pavillion doesn't let you bring much in since they want you to spend money there.

Here's a list of what they allow:
# Small purses / bags (12 inches x12 inches or smaller) / backpacks
# One sealed bottle of water, 32oz bottles or less! (some shows may require that the water be poured into a cup upon entry through the front gates)
# Small, personal (tote-type) umbrellas
# Blankets
# Binoculars
# Personal lawn chairs - seat must be no higher than 9 inches off the ground
# Limited food is now allowed in the venue. Food must be in a one-gallon clear plastic bag.

And what they don't
# Strollers
# Beverages (other than one sealed bottled water, for shows that allow)
# Video and Audio recorders (except for VERY specific shows)
# Professional cameras. No detachable lenses. (Non-professional cameras are allowed on specific shows determined by artist policy, please see the show advisory for a particular show.)
# No alcohol consumption in the parking lots
# No barbeque fires in the parking lot

Do you know if they are strick about the "no alcohol in parking lots"?? How much tailgating goes on at Nissan?

MLGTS08

live.LAUGH.love
WorkinMomma said:
Do you know if they are strick about the "no alcohol in parking lots"?? How much tailgating goes on at Nissan?
There is tons of tailgating there and I am pretty sure you are allowed alcohol.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
WorkinMomma said:
If it's Jimmy Buffett a lot. I don't know how bad they are with other concerts though

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
migtig said:

:clap:

Plenty of tailgating goes on at Nissan. And the last few times I've been there, it took forever to get out of the parking lot.

WorkinMomma

Thanks Everyone!!! I seen Kenny last year at Madison Square Gardens- I had excellent seats and the show was AWESOME!

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
WorkinMomma said:
They search your bags/purse before you come in the gates - so everything inside the gate they are pretty tough on. The outside the gate is because there is a no open container law in VA. It's to cover their arse mostly. Go for it, just don't act stupid/violent. Cops are out in force, but as long as everyone behaves they don't mess with people much. Also bring your own trash bag, cause if they see a bunch of empties laying around then you are pretty much asking for it.

keekee

Bring a blanket that you can stuff in the trash can on your way out.
The grass is usually mostly mud, spilled beer, etc.

MLGTS08

live.LAUGH.love
BigSlam123b said:
Last few times I was there, they would not let you bring blankets in.
Really? Weird... we went about two months ago to see Toby and we brought ours.

OldHillcrestGuy

nachomama said:
:clap:

Plenty of tailgating goes on at Nissan. And the last few times I've been there, it took forever to get out of the parking lot.

:yay: Lots of tailgating, and drinking in the lots, but they normally won't bother you, have eaten many times using a portable gas grill before and after shows waiting to get out of the lots. The wait is really bad up to an hour and a half to get off the lots. Havent been this year or last year to Nissan but use to get the Megaticket from WMZQ, we would get there early and park just outside the lot on the hill around the lot along the side of the road and tailgate, then after the show we were able to just pull off without waiting for the lots to clear, saved at least an hour. But to park just off the road you will need a SUV or truck to navigate the curb, a car with a spolier or a little rice burner wont be able to get over the curb.

Blankets were allowed and they rent little chairs to use on the lawn.

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
We use to always get there early to get at the front of the lawn section. Bad thing is that people always push and shove you cause they want to sit up there too but they show up at the last minute. Drives me crazy. We have had people move our blanket out of the way and people have crammed in and sat on our feet. Can't even leave an inch between you and the person in front of you. It's even worse when you are on a blanket and someone sits in front of you with a chair. Plan on standing the entire time if that happens. We went to Toby and we brought chairs for the first time and sat all the way up top. Could see the screens once the sun went down. We really enjoyed it. I'll be at Kenny too.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
mv_princess said:
If it's Jimmy Buffett a lot. I don't know how bad they are with other concerts though
:yeahthat: We had a palm trees, an inflatable pool, grills, blenders and a 12' diameter canopy. Oh I almost forgot the umpteen gallons of alcohol :otter: We were parked about 20 yards from the gates right next to the Ben and Jerry's truck that was giving out free samples. :yay: OBTW, our lawn tickets were great, sucked that it rained though.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
kom526 said:
:yeahthat: We had a palm trees, an inflatable pool, grills, blenders and a 12' diameter canopy. Oh I almost forgot the umpteen gallons of alcohol :otter: We were parked about 20 yards from the gates right next to the Ben and Jerry's truck that was giving out free samples. :yay: OBTW, our lawn tickets were great, sucked that it rained though.
It always rains for Buffett. Always! But that makes it the best!

Did you go the year that we had the tornado warnings?