No Black Nurses to care for Baby per Dad's request

DEEKAYPEE8569

I could see that. Could get embarassing. Or would that make it easier to put in?

Putting them in is not a concern for me. Taking them out scares the H*ll outta me. Why? Ever have a cathetar removed that was not fully deflated?
Picture a basketball through a :cool: fire hose.

BOP

It is not a damn buffet. You cannot walk into a hospital and choose which doctors/nurses get to attend to you. It is a medical care facility. I bet he wouldn't care if that baby was dying and Mammy was the only one that could save it.

"Mammy!?" Really!? And you have the nerve to talk about bcp being bigoted!

mitzi

I suppose there would be more for you to attack if there was no affirmative action.
But then, if affirmative action were to end tomorrow, I would have no issue with a black doctor, however I would only go with a younger black doctor that didnt have the chance of being affirmative action placed.

Unfreaking real

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
This was not about someone not wanting to treat the bigot's kid. This was about the bigot not wanting someone to treat his kid.

Really it was about the nurse suing because the hospital acceded (in writing) to the fathers request.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I agree. If the patient is uncomfortable with someone, or the parent, their wishes should be respected, even if it rubs someone the wrong way. Get over it and move on to the next patient.

When my son was in Georgetown University Hospital for a ruptured appendix, a student nurse came in to check his vitals. He didn't really know what he was doing but being a student, I let it slide. However, after doing my son's vitals, the guy proceeded to just stare at my son for several minutes. Didn't say a word and his eyes never left my son. My mom and sister were also in the room and it really creeped us all out. My sister had to ask him a question for him to "snap" out of it.

After the guy left, I went out to the nurses station and spoke to one of them about what happened and that I didn't want that guy around my son again. And.. he never was.