No drinking in Calvert County businesses w/out license

itsrequired

What about liquor store tastings? I go into Nicks and buy wine often because they have a tasting and I find something new I like. Same thing with beer.

Chris0nllyn

What about liquor store tastings? I go into Nicks and buy wine often because they have a tasting and I find something new I like. Same thing with beer.

Another good question, but unfortunately, the e-mail address found on Calvert County's liquor board website does not work.

I'll try giving them a call next week.

BernieP

Resident PIA
They are saying that the firehouses can hold their own events up to 4 times per year. Anyone who wanted to use the firehouse for their own event would have to get a one day license/permit.

I was going to say that don't some catering businesses have their own license to serve?
Anyway, just follow the money, there is always money involved. Be it the local bars and liquor store, or the LCB.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB

Different license. The wineries that are at the Farmer's Market in North Beach also have a license that permits tastings, as does the wine store in the Baywalk building.

Im_Me

Different license. The wineries that are at the Farmer's Market in North Beach also have a license that permits tastings, as does the wine store in the Baywalk building.

GOOD! I would say I wasted my time going to every wine tasting I could find before the law took effect, but really drinking wine is never a waste......:otter:

Im_Me

Glad that tastings are still OK, but will you also still be able to buy a bottle at the wineries and drink it there?

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I believe that even with the one day licenses you still a person that has been through the alcohol training class and get a certificate in order to serve.

johnjrval424

This isn't necessarily an overreaction to an overreaching law. Here is a thread I started on Facebook - if you read all of the comments, there are some valid points. Specifically, charter boats can no longer allow alcohol on board (they are a business - most of them are LLC's for liability purposes) - so no more carrying a 6-pack on board to enjoy your fishing excursion. But I'll let you read the thread: https://www.facebook.com/vnowottnick/posts/1590659291160485?comment_id=1590826381143776&notif_t=like