No more HFS

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
BadGirl said:
Anybody remember HFS from the early 80's? That's when I first got turned on to them. Damien was so dang hard to understand after his accident, but boy did he play some great music. Homegrown Music, was their slogan, I believe. At that time, their station broadcast out of Bethesda, on Cordell Avenue, right next to the old Psychedelly (sp?), and they had some awesome talent play at that club as well.

Ahhhh. The good ol' daze.
I miss Weasel. :sad:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Mrs. Jones said:
I miss Weasel. :sad:
He has a weasel-y voice. But I liked him anyway. :yay:

Remember the really old bumperstickers? Dark brown, with yellow lettering.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
RoseRed said:
I think he is now on 94.7 the Arrow, a classic rock station.
Hey, you're right! I guess I don't listen to much radio at night...he's on at 7. Thanks for the info.

Llwynog

Thats Welsh for fox.
Fruitcake Lady said:
you young people need to find a better cause to start crying in your britches about. I remember back in my day the only radio station I had was 1.1 and all they played was stuff in morris code.
:lmao: - .... .- - .. ... ... --- ..-. ..- -. -. -.--

hint

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Do you believe this, or do you think it's crap?

http://discuss.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/zforum/04/style_farhi011305.htm

Centreville, Va.:...is this change to Spanish radio just one more step to America becoming a dual language country?

Paul Farhi: ...As for making America a dual-language country, I am totally dubious about that. Robert McNeil, the former PBS dude who was chatting here earlier to plug his book and TV series about language in America, makes the point that English is far more threatening to the existence of Spanish in America than the other way around. Wait a generation. All the non-English speakers, or at least their kids, will be English speakers. It has ALWAYS happened...

dustin

UAIOE
ehh..., some big dog like Clear Channel will own them in another few years anyways :shrug:, then it will become another pop station and cocaine will be rampant in Bethesda

cholo

¡Tengo una tarjeta verde!
I was scanning the news last night to see if they mentioned the format change, and they did. I was a bit dismayed that channel 9 didn't mention the Junkies though, since they appear on their Sports Plus show.

Then this morning that dippy Andrea Roane says "If you tuned into 99.1 at this time yesterday morning, you would have heard something like this" and they played that ******y "I want candy" song. :barf: HFS would have never played that crap, and if you had tuned in yesterday at that time (7:30am) you would have heard the Junkies!

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Junkies return!!

Just got an email from the program director at WJFK 106.7 informing me that the Junkies will return to JFK on the 18th of Jan. They will be on right after Stern and go until 2pm. It is sort of bittersweet b/c O'Reilly is getting moved the 11pm-1 am slot as a recast.

D

darkriver4362

That sucks, the Hideout was better than them. Put O'Reilly's ass @ 1 a.m.

J Dubbs and el Jeffe were pretty good.

DDoyle

BuddyLee said:
Ah there's always trusty DC 101.1 and The Rock Station 93.5 The Beach and 102.1 The XXXXXXX Oh Oh and 96.1
My husband used to be an overnight jock on 93.5, he just quit a few months ago....