Noah's Ark rests in Iran?

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
BuddyLee said:
What are the freakin' chances?:lmao:

When's the last time you walked out in your yard and found a piece of petrified wood?
If it is truly at the top of Mt. Ararat, then the constant freezing temps could have preserved it.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Bustem' Down said:
If it is truly at the top of Mt. Ararat, then the constant freezing temps could have preserved it.
True.

Marco Polo wrote of Noah's ark as did one or more of the Caesars, I think. I think one of them even wrote of visiting the ark. Several people have written of visiting or seeing the ark at times in the past. There was an account of a Russian Army group visiting the ark that I heard years ago.

As I understand it, it is only visible in times of prolonged lack of snow on Mt. Ararat. I also have heard that the reason that Turkey will no longer allow expeditions up Mt. Ararat is because Turkey is a Muslim nation. As I understand it, the Qur'an states that the ark is on a mountain we know as Minor Ararat and not on the mountain known as Mt. Ararat or Major Ararat. If an expedition found the ark on Mt. Ararat and not Minor Ararat, it would prove the Qur'an fallible.

greyhound

I remember when I was a kid, watching the show "In Search Of..." hosted by Leonard Nemoy. The episode was In search of Noah's Ark. They showed video footage of half a boat on Mt. Ararat. A guy was climbing around it, looking in it....

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
2ndAmendment said:
As I understand it, the Qur'an states that the ark is on a mountain we know as Minor Ararat and not on the mountain known as Mt. Ararat or Major Ararat. If an expedition found the ark on Mt. Ararat and not Minor Ararat, it would prove the Qur'an fallible.
That would be true, if it could be undeniably idetified as the Ark.

wxtornado

The Other White Meat
2ndAmendment said:
Marco Polo wrote of Noah's ark as did one or more of the Caesars, I think. I think one of them even wrote of visiting the ark. Several people have written of visiting or seeing the ark at times in the past. There was an account of a Russian Army group visiting the ark that I heard years ago.

Actually, hundreds have claimed to have seen the ark. Unfortunately, no corroborated evidence has been brought to the table in 4500 years.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Bustem' Down said:
That would be true, if it could be undeniably idetified as the Ark.
Yeah, well if someones finds a 600 foot boat on Mt. Ararat or the identifiable remains of one, I really don't think there is much corroboration needed. After all, how many 600 foot wooden boats are claimed to be on Mt. Ararat? One.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
2ndAmendment said:
or the identifiable remains of one,
That's the key. The remains would be in such poor condition it probably wouldn't be identifiable and the debate would go on for centuries, much akin to the debate of the authenticity of the Shroud of Turin.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Bustem' Down said:
That's the key. The remains would be in such poor condition it probably wouldn't be identifiable and the debate would go on for centuries, much akin to the debate of the authenticity of the Shroud of Turin.
But would they be in bad condition? No insects in the temperatures at the heights of Mt. Ararat. Not much in the way of mildew, mold, fungus, or other things that break down wood. Most of the reports of ark sightings say it was sticking partially out of the snow and ice when sighted. One report of two sightings, one before an earthquake and one after, says the the ark appear to have broken in half in the quake but was still largely intact.

The question is, if a 600 foot wooden boat was found on Mt. Ararat, would people believe the account of Noah? I think probably not, because if they did, they would then have to admit that there had been a world wide flood and that leads to the position that God caused the flood. Which leads to God is real, the Bible is true, and people must believe in Jesus as Savior and Lord or take a position with satan.

BuddyLee

Football addict
2ndAmendment said:
But would they be in bad condition? No insects in the temperatures at the heights of Mt. Ararat. Not much in the way of mildew, mold, fungus, or other things that break down wood. Most of the reports of ark sightings say it was sticking partially out of the snow and ice when sighted. One report of two sightings, one before an earthquake and one after, says the the ark appear to have broken in half in the quake but was still largely intact.

The question is, if a 600 foot wooden boat was found on Mt. Ararat, would people believe the account of Noah? I think probably not, because if they did, they would then have to admit that there had been a world wide flood and that leads to the position that God caused the flood. Which leads to God is real, the Bible is true, and people must believe in Jesus as Savior and Lord or take a position with satan.
Where did the Noah story take place? I mean, how could one man, or even a group of men gather up two of every single animal and cram them all into a 600 foot wooden boat?:twitch:

greyhound

BuddyLee said:
Where did the Noah story take place? I mean, how could one man, or even a group of men gather up two of every single animal and cram them all into a 600 foot wooden boat?:twitch:

He had "one straight-line ideology" :killingme

wxtornado

The Other White Meat
2ndAmendment said:
Yeah, well if someones finds a 600 foot boat on Mt. Ararat or the identifiable remains of one, I really don't think there is much corroboration needed. After all, how many 600 foot wooden boats are claimed to be on Mt. Ararat? One.

Actually, how many 600 ft wooden boats have even existed in the world? I'm thinking maybe zero.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
BuddyLee said:

Must have had a way with animals...."The Animal Whisperer"... :lmao:

wxtornado

The Other White Meat
2ndAmendment said:

Of course scientists wouldn't say "oh look, a 600 foot boat on Ararat, that must be Noah's, etc." The evidence would be tested by a team of scientists and a conclusion would be drawn from the results. That's what science does.

Mikeinsmd

Dupontster said:
Must have had a way with animals...."The Animal Whisperer"... :lmao:
OK, lets try this. I need all the forum wimmins to join me on my ark this weekend. Bring 2 of each kind of beer. Cya there and don't be late! :yay:

dustin

UAIOE
Bustem' Down said:
What it is is Turkey won't let people climb up the mountain to take a look. Something about the mountain being a holy site or something. I saw the photos and didn't think it looked like a ship.
also because of the Turkish Army fighting Kurdish rebels....

dustin

UAIOE
2ndAmendment said:
True.

As I understand it, it is only visible in times of prolonged lack of snow on Mt. Ararat. I also have heard that the reason that Turkey will no longer allow expeditions up Mt. Ararat is because Turkey is a Muslim nation. As I understand it, the Qur'an states that the ark is on a mountain we know as Minor Ararat and not on the mountain known as Mt. Ararat or Major Ararat. If an expedition found the ark on Mt. Ararat and not Minor Ararat, it would prove the Qur'an fallible.
i think the KJV Bible states it is in the moutaines of Ararat. Not necesarily THE Mt. Ararat. So lots of more places to look... :lol:

wxtornado

The Other White Meat
BuddyLee said:

Seems pretty far-fetched, no? :whistle: