Non resident.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I finally registered my car here. The young lady who processed my paperwork at the Loveville office was very pleasant. She charged me $100 excise instead of the $700+ I was expecting (established residency 10 months ago).

Apparently, O'Malley/Brown did not infect all state workers.

Did they withold their pound of flesh ?

Yes.

Finally got everything Taken care of out there. Insurance canceled, Smeco the buyer had swapped yesterday. SMO account stopped, refund on the way. So a bit of money will be saved there. Quite a bit with insurance really. Cost is horrible if you no one is living there. Too bad I paid prop. taxes for the next 6 months a while ago. Wth was I thinking?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Yes.

Finally got everything Taken care of out there. Insurance canceled, Smeco the buyer had swapped yesterday. SMO account stopped, refund on the way. So a bit of money will be saved there. Quite a bit with insurance really. Cost is horrible if you no one is living there. Too bad I paid prop. taxes for the next 6 months a while ago. Wth was I thinking?

You, sir, are living my dream. I can't wait to get out of MD and cut my losses. :cheers:

MarieB

Yes.

The property tax should have washed out during closing, didn't it? Wasn't it listed as a prepaid?

officeguy

Yes.

I know its a pain.

Didn't you have the property tax accounted for on your HUD-1 ? I know every property I ever bought, the seller got the pro-rated property tax refunded on the HUD-1 (as an increase onto the price). If the buyer pays for a period the seller owes tax, it gets deducted from the price. That is the one thing you don't get screwed out of ;-)

Last edited:

MarieB

I know its a pain.

Didn't you have the property tax accounted for on your HUD-1 ? I know every property I ever bought, the seller got the pro-rated property tax refunded on the HUD-1 (as an increase onto the price). That is the one thing you don't get screwed out of ;-)

Yep. That's the way it should be

I know its a pain.

Didn't you have the property tax accounted for on your HUD-1 ? I know every property I ever bought, the seller got the pro-rated property tax refunded on the HUD-1 (as an increase onto the price). If the buyer pays for a period the seller owes tax, it gets deducted from the price. That is the one thing you don't get screwed out of ;-)

Don't know.

DEEKAYPEE8569

If I were you I would include a photocopy of your new CO D/L when writing the Comptroller. It does seem ridiculous all the hoops one must jump through to prove they no longer reside in MD.

It was 10 years ago (+or-), my Brother moved to Tennessee. He said all he had to do was turn in his MD license and the TN MVA issued him a Tennessee license. 'course that's not near CO.