North Carolina/South Carolina

sockgirl77

nachomama said:
That would be the place. I liked walking up and down the docks, acting like one of those boats was mine. :cool:
Guy I dated in high school worked on a charter boat there our senior year. OMG, their food is great. The have the best dolphin (not the Flipper kind) that I've ever had. Ever take a look at the houses all the way (almost) in the water. It would scare the crap out of me to live there when a storm came through.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
sockgirl77 said:
Guy I dated in high school worked on a charter boat there our senior year. OMG, their food is great. The have the best dolphin (not the Flipper kind) that I've ever had. Ever take a look at the houses all the way (almost) in the water. It would scare the crap out of me to live there when a storm came through.

Hurricane Mo's. :drool:

The boys would always walk over to the marina around 4ish when the boats came in. There was a yacht there from the Cayman Islands. I swear that sucker must have been at least a 3.5mil boat.

sockgirl77

nachomama said:
Hurricane Mo's. :drool:

The boys would always walk over to the marina around 4ish when the boats came in. There was a yacht there from the Cayman Islands. I swear that sucker must have been at least a 3.5mil boat.
I haven't been there in years. I know their biggest charter boat used to be the Crystal Dawn. God, is this a trip down memory lane. :lol:

keepsmiling

Mary866 said:
Myrtle beach is great for the kids....we always stay at a place called Sea Mist Resort, for one price it includes admission everyday for everyone in your family to the water park, amusement park, miniature golf, they have a HUGE little tikes play structure for the kids, breakfast buffet, and and onsite waterpark, all included in the family value package. Tuesday nights they have a nice fireworks show at Broadway at the beach, which is a cleaner version of the boardwalk. Gosh, now I wish we were going this year, but have sick parents to tend too.

Best to your parents. This is why I am trying to make this the best vacation ever. My father in law suffered from Alzheimer’s and lived with us the past seven years. He died last June. Our family hasn't had a vacation in 7 years. Thank you for all the help.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
sockgirl77 said:
I haven't been there in years. I know their biggest charter boat used to be the Crystal Dawn. God, is this a trip down memory lane. :lol:

Oh, it wasn't a charter boat, it was a visitor. Absolutely beautiful boat. My brother was saying it was the boat of a drug lord. :lol: It had 3 jet skis and a smaller boat on it.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
keepsmiling said:
Good Morning Everyone. :howdy:

We are going on vacation and can't decide. Can you share your experiences with both NC and SC. NC really looks laid back, maybe boring to the kids? That's where I really wanted to take them but I'm worried they wouldn't have enough to do.

Thanks everyone.
Do you like NASCAR or Swampbuggy racing?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
keepsmiling said:
Whooopss.

Sorry about that. Beaches, and I have a son who really wants to begin learning how to surf. Stuff for the kids to do if they can't go to the beaches.
:yay: good choice. I'll be down there the end of the month riding in the mountians. Don't want to see a lot of rubber necking minivans when I'm running the Dragon :lol:

OldHillcrestGuy

The amusement park closed up last year at Mrtyle Beach.

Ive stayed at the Dayton House (oceanfront) the past 4 years, really nice its about 7-8 blocks up from what I guess they consider the heart of Mrtyle Beach, your close to everything.
Its making me sad :bawl: that Im not going this year reading these message's about MB.

Last edited:

keepsmiling

aps45819 said:
:yay: good choice. I'll be down there the end of the month riding in the mountians. Don't want to see a lot of rubber necking minivans when I'm running the Dragon :lol:

Haha You just might. We're visiting the mountains (Boone County) on Sunday the 23rd!!

We are starting out at Asheboro NC.

millertc

I am in NMB as I type this. We have been here since Saturday. We are staying at Barefoot Landing Resort. It is beautiful!. There is a huge pool and our balcony faces the docks. I have a 2 year old and 3 year old and they are having a blast. We had our picture taken with a baby tiger. We got to feed a bear and see alligators get fed at Alligator Adventure. We have been to the beach and are going to the water park today. All of this is so close to where we are staying. Broadway at the Beach is a blast too. You can even rent jet skis right below our balcony. There is something here for all ages.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
keepsmiling said:
Haha You just might. We're visiting the mountains (Boone County) on Sunday the 23rd!!
We are starting out at Asheboro NC.

Leaving here the 28th and taking a couple of days to ride the Blue Ridge parkway from end to end, week end in Marysvill TN to ride the Dragon (Rt.129) and the Cherohala Skyway then a couple of days home.

Last edited:
D

dems4me

aps45819 said:
Leaving her the 28th and taking a couple of days to ride the Blue Ridge parkway from end to end, week end in Marysvill TN to ride the Dragon (Rt.129) and the Cherohala Skyway then a couple of days home.

Leaving who? :confused:

Mary866

OH yeah, the Pavilion Amusement park closed, but the Family Kingdom amusement park which is the amusment park included in the Family Package at Sea Mist Resort is still open. What are they putting in place of the pavilion amusement park?

keepsmiling

Mary866 said:
OH yeah, the Pavilion Amusement park closed, but the Family Kingdom amusement park which is the amusment park included in the Family Package at Sea Mist Resort is still open. What are they putting in place of the pavilion amusement park?

I think this is the winner. I have to talk this over with hubby of course.

For the month of June there is a manager's special. 4 nights, 5 days Ocean side studio, $528.36 including tax. I think that's an awesome deal.

Wish me luck with hubby. :jameo:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
keepsmiling said:
I think this is the winner. I have to talk this over with hubby of course.

For the month of June there is a manager's special. 4 nights, 5 days Ocean side studio, $528.36 including tax. I think that's an awesome deal.

Wish me luck with hubby. :jameo:

That's not bad. Your transportation bill just might be higher than your lodging bill. :lmao:

After what you guys have been through over the past few years, you definitely deserve it. :huggy: