North Carolina/South Carolina

OldHillcrestGuy

keepsmiling said:
I think this is the winner. I have to talk this over with hubby of course.

For the month of June there is a manager's special. 4 nights, 5 days Ocean side studio, $528.36 including tax. I think that's an awesome deal.

Wish me luck with hubby. :jameo:

How old are the kiddies, if not school age, wait till after Labor Day, prices drop about half of what they are in the summer, and the weather is still great in the mid 80s. But you gotta keep an eye on Hurricanes and Tropical storms. :yay:

keepsmiling

OldHillcrestGuy said:
How old are the kiddies, if not school age, wait till after Labor Day, prices drop about half of what they are in the summer, and the weather is still great in the mid 80s. But you gotta keep an eye on Hurricanes and Tropical storms. :yay:

Thanks. They are school age. The whole purpose of this trip is hopefully find our new home. I really like the area of Asheboro NC. Our friends have moved from here to Winstom Salem and Boones County. They love it. The cost of living is so much better than here. I just didn't want to bore the kids with just looking for houses so I am trying to do two in one on this trip.

By your name I'm just guessing you are from Hillcrest Heights. My husband was born and raised behind the old Iverson Mall and graduated from Crossland Senior High Class of 82.

If you can think of anything else to do in SC, I sure would appreciate it.

Mary866

keepsmiling said:
I think this is the winner. I have to talk this over with hubby of course.

For the month of June there is a manager's special. 4 nights, 5 days Ocean side studio, $528.36 including tax. I think that's an awesome deal.

Wish me luck with hubby. :jameo:

Oh Wow...is that with the Family Value Package? Maybe I could sneak off and go!! No, not with the parents being down and a new puppy!!

Mary866

keepsmiling said:
Thanks. They are school age. The whole purpose of this trip is hopefully find our new home. I really like the area of Asheboro NC. Our friends have moved from here to Winstom Salem and Boones County. They love it. The cost of living is so much better than here. I just didn't want to bore the kids with just looking for houses so I am trying to do two in one on this trip.

By your name I'm just guessing you are from Hillcrest Heights. My husband was born and raised behind the old Iverson Mall and graduated from Crossland Senior High Class of 82.

My kids are 11, 9, & 7, and they loved the Dixie Stampede and Medieval Times. Although they are quite expensive, so we only do those every couple of years. Plus they also enjoyed Ripleys Aquarium. And of course you have to stop at South Of The Border for that required souviner...haha!!

keepsmiling

Mary866 said:
Oh Wow...is that with the Family Value Package? Maybe I could sneak off and go!! No, not with the parents being down and a new puppy!!

Yes that's the family package. Gosh she said so much I couldn't believe it.This is an Ocean Side Studio in the Dunes or Oaks building. She said the water park, amusement parks? minature golfing. She kept going on and on. Sorry about your parents.

And yes I plan to go to the Dolly Parton. I asked, she said the tickets for that is $36.44 for adults and 20.41 for 11 and under.

My beautiful kids are 11, 15 and 18. He just graduated and I want to do something special for all of us before he starts his own life.

Last edited:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Mary866 said:
you have to stop at South Of The Border for that required souviner...haha!!
:jameo: :jameo: 95s to 40e to 17s you'll bypass SOB and 501. Wilmington has a great bypass that opened early last year. :yay:

OldHillcrestGuy

keepsmiling said:

You are correct, not born there but raised there from 4yrs old till 22yrs old, then onto SoMd., CHS 66, I have a brother that graduated from CHS in either 80 or 81 :howdy:

Mary866

keepsmiling said:
Yes that's the family package. Gosh she said so much I couldn't believe it.This is an Ocean Side Studio in the Dunes or Oaks building. She said the water park, amusement parks? minature golfing. She kept going on and on. Sorry about your parents.

And yes I plan to go to the Dolly Parton. I asked, she said the tickets for that is $36.44 for adults and 20.41 for 11 and under.

My beautiful kids are 11, 15 and 18. He just graduated and I want to do something special for all of us before he starts his own life.

Their breakfast buffet is GREAT!! They give you one free breakfast, but we always go a couple times because the food is good and you can skip lunch. We always try to get there about 8:30 before it gets really crowded. I tried surfing when I lived in Florida but just wasnt coordinated enough. My 9 year old convinced us to buy him a skimboard last year in MB, he tried SO HARD, but it is not as easy as it looks and I busted my butt a few times thinking I could show him how (as did the hubby).

keepsmiling

Mary866 said:
Their breakfast buffet is GREAT!! They give you one free breakfast, but we always go a couple times because the food is good and you can skip lunch. We always try to get there about 8:30 before it gets really crowded. I tried surfing when I lived in Florida but just wasnt coordinated enough. My 9 year old convinced us to buy him a skimboard last year in MB, he tried SO HARD, but it is not as easy as it looks and I busted my butt a few times thinking I could show him how (as did the hubby).

Well what can I say, you have helped me plan a vacation this family so deserves and will never forget. Hope you get to go away too. I can't wait to watch him try to surf. He has never done this before, that alone will be all the entertainment I need. hee hee

keepsmiling

OldHillcrestGuy said:
You are correct, not born there but raised there from 4yrs old till 22yrs old, then onto SoMd., CHS 66, I have a brother that graduated from CHS in either 80 or 81 :howdy:

:howdy:

Oh the good ole days I spent their with him. Fort Foot Road was the hang out if not the 210 drive in theatre. What a blast we had back in the day. Why do I now feel soo old.

Bushy23

Please check out www.funbeaches.com

All the info you should need for Myrtle Beach, plus a very helpful forum with some locals that quickly answer questions.

I have vacationed there three springs in a row and totally love the area. There are a lot of new homes and condos popping up all over the area, should be plenty of properties for you to check out. Have fun!

millertc

Mary866 said:

:yay: Yes, we went to Sea Mist last year and had a blast. The breakfast was great. We ate there every morning for a whole week. We too would get there early. If you like pizza there is a little hole in the wall place called Dino's that makes great pizza. Take the kids to Alligator Adventure. We all had a blast there. They had tigers, alligators (of course), turtles, reptiles, snakes, birds, bears etc. You can also go to the Barefoot Shopping Center and have picture taken with a baby tiger or monkey.

lovinmaryland

keepsmiling said:
Good Morning Everyone. :howdy:

We are going on vacation and can't decide. Can you share your experiences with both NC and SC. NC really looks laid back, maybe boring to the kids? That's where I really wanted to take them but I'm worried they wouldn't have enough to do.

Thanks everyone.

I took my boys here for our summer vacation.
http://embassysuites.hilton.com/en/...ionid=EF1Q5YP1AOSK2CSGBIX2VCQ?ctyhocn=MYRESES
I would have to say it was one of the best vacations we have had.

It has a private beach, and water park. There is a made to order breakfast, 2 hour free cocktail reception from 5:30-7:30 (with appetizers), and in the afternoon pool side every afternoon from 2-3 there is free lemonade and cookies. That is all included in your package. We stayed 4 nights and it was 650 total. Well worth it.

We are not going this year because my parents are coming to visit so we will be spending our vacation time with them this year.

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
Go here------------->http://www.boguebanks.fws1.com/

What you see in the pictures is what you get. The pictures of the beach were prolly taken 4th of July weekend. The place is majorly laid back. The condo is just what you see. 18 unit building. This is a 2nd floor condo and yes those are the right prices. "Stuff" to do for the kids is very close and there are surfable waves. MB is WWWAAAAYYYY to crowded. NC State Aquarium is across the street(down a back road) but it's close. Have fun wherever you go. :yay:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Not to hijack the thread too much, but I'm going on vacation to the Outer Banks in the Kill Devil Hills area next month and I've never been in the area before. Anybody have any suggestions on what to do or see in the area, besides lazing at the beach every day? :lol:

Pandora

jazz lady said:
Not to hijack the thread too much, but I'm going on vacation to the Outer Banks in the Kill Devil Hills area next month and I've never been in the area before. Anybody have any suggestions on what to do or see in the area, besides lazing at the beach every day? :lol:

http://www.thelostcolony.org/

^ I LOVED that every time I have gone. And, I enjoy hitting the Wright Brothers National Memorial http://www.nps.gov/wrbr/

We will be there the later part of July, early part of August. We used to go down often when my hubby's parents had a townhouse in Kitty Hawk.