Now this takes the cake!

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Why wouldn't you have just hung up? When someone calls you unsolicited, you are not under obligation to use your nice manners. I'll get some chickie who starts off, "How are you today?" and I reply, "What do you want?" She'll go on to start her pitch and I just hang up, without feeling the need to so much as say, "No thanks."
:frown: Vrai, that's a good question! At first I think I was in shock at the persons energy and non-stop spiel. Then maybe fascination set in, like "how much longer can this guy do this?" Then finally my wits came back to me and I waited for the slightest of breaks, and tried to be polite to some degree; heck he's trying to make a living out of this probably. But you're right, at some point you just gotta hang up!

penn:smile:

jeneisen

Indy Bound
Well back to the telemarker thing, I pay 5.00 a month extra for Call Intercept and it works pretty well. I was getting about 30 or more calls a day and it was driving me crazy. The way it works if you are calling from an unpublished number a recording comes in and asks you to annouce who you are then it rings my line. When I pick it up it asks me if I want to accept it.

For family and friends there is a 4 digit code you can punch in to override the system and I just give them that code and its not problem. Its totally worth the money for me.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Re: Yeah, and that too!

Originally posted by penncam
:rolleyes: Has anybody had some outrageous dealings with the automated phone systems? Like DirecTV, or your credit card company, or your ISP, if you have a techie question? You have to listen to 3 minutes of welcome to this particular service, please listen to the new lists of options, we ARE trying to make it easier for you to get your answers, and oh yeah "for quality purposes, all calls may be monitored", and finally "thank you for waiting, the next available representative is estimated in 9 minutes"..........

penn

I deal with this crap alllll the time. I recently had to deal with some complicated issues with Cingular that required several calls back and forth. It took me 15 minutes MINIMUM each time I called just to hear an actual person. And most times I got put on hold immediately anyway.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by jeneisen
Well back to the telemarker thing, I pay 5.00 a month extra for Call Intercept and it works pretty well. I was getting about 30 or more calls a day and it was driving me crazy. The way it works if you are calling from an unpublished number a recording comes in and asks you to annouce who you are then it rings my line. When I pick it up it asks me if I want to accept it.

For family and friends there is a 4 digit code you can punch in to override the system and I just give them that code and its not problem. Its totally worth the money for me.

A know a few people with the system and I have to enter the code when I call from my cell phone since it thinks I'm an 'unknown' caller. Not a bad system for the caller or receiver, as far as I can tell.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Re: Yeah, and that too!

Originally posted by laureng
I deal with this crap alllll the time. It took me 15 minutes MINIMUM each time I called just to hear an actual person.
:biggrin: Again, that is almost too funny! Especially when I've heard the taped recording say" this call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes". After going through that scenario a few times, I find myself yelling at the top of my lungs: "Is there someone there ALIVE that I can speak to?" I guess it's called progress.
:smile: penn