NRA: “hold my beer”

PsyOps

Pixelated
Hey mo, it came from the NRA, not cnn.

Why would they choose to use the klan Mo? Be specific.

Uh... because, apparently, Thomas was racist before they introduced 'diversity' into the show. If you're a racist, certainly you require a KKK hood.

Midnightrider

Are you that ####ing stupid? Really?

Okay, here goes:

• The Klan is a traditionally anti-diversity group.
  • Dana was discussing the absurdity of cartoonists deciding that their trains need to be humanly diverse.
  • How you can tell is when she said she had no inkling that Thomas was a white person train, and had assigned no ethnicity to him at all.
  • Then they flash the KKK trains, and she says, "Oh, okay I see it now," as in she had no idea that Thomas was a white supremacist and now "understands" that he is clearly in need of some sensitivity training. (Get it? "Train"ing? or do I have to spell that out for you, too?)

The sarcasm isn't even really all that subtle. Even without CNN telling you what to think, you should have understood her point.

Who says Thomas is white? He is a cartoon train for Christ’s sake.

Note that in order to make it clear that the new train is Black, they have to outfit it in African garb and surround it with safari animals. That is how hard it is to assign ethnicity to a freaking train - you have to go over the top to hammer it home.

Where do you get that the new train is black? She is from Africa.
I got news for you, Thomas the train is already a very diverse show. All the trains and all the people are different. Why are you threatened by thomas’ New friend?

The point being that diversity for diversity's sake is stupid and will be mocked as such. Now Thomas has this token African friend - "See my friend being Black? See me having a Black friend?" - and that should be offensive to POC. Nobody makes a big deal about Dora's friends. They just *are*, like how normal friendships are, without anyone making a big deal about race.
Again, he has a friend from Africa. Dana made it about race.
So, you want to dictate to the NRA what they can and can't comment on?

Uh... because, apparently, Thomas was racist before they introduced 'diversity' into the show. If you're a racist, certainly you require a KKK hood.

Except for the fact that the cartoon has always been diverse. That’s the problem with Dana’s rant. They already had a girl, and they already had engines from other places. No one had an issue.
But for some reason an African train gets the NRA all KKKraged!!!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
And now that I have seen the video and have some context, my response is:
... go bury yourself in a cow pasture.

I should have known to ignore it seeing it was Rumprider that posted it.

I've fixed that.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Who says Thomas is white? He is a cartoon train for Christ’s sake.

Where do you get that the new train is black? She is from Africa.
I got news for you, Thomas the train is already a very diverse show. All the trains and all the people are different. Why are you threatened by thomas’ New friend?

Again, he has a friend from Africa. Dana made it about race.

Except for the fact that the cartoon has always been diverse. That’s the problem with Dana’s rant. They already had a girl, and they already had engines from other places. No one had an issue.
But for some reason an African train gets the NRA all KKKraged!!!
The only person I see spewing fauxrage in this tread is you.

Midnightrider

That's the point, dingbat.

And I see that rather than pulling a sheepish "my bad" you've decided to ramp up the stupid, as usual.

Hey sweets, the only one who claimed he was white and put him in a hood was the NRA? Why did they do it? Because they were upset over him having a new friend.

Did Dana tell you that he met his new friend on his trip around the world? Of course not, your handlers only want you kkkragin

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Hey sweets, the only one who claimed he was white and put him in a hood was the NRA? Why did they do it? Because they were upset over him having a new friend.

Did Dana tell you that he met his new friend on his trip around the world? Of course not, your handlers only want you kkkragin
Still had you pegged as more of a Telletubbies fan....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Do you even read what you write before you post it?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Which part is hard for you?

Dana ranting about a diversity issue only she sees or the part where the NRA put hoods on a children’s cartoon?

I see that over the top diversity religion all over the place. My favorite milblogger even devotes a day a week to post the latest examples of worshipping the diversity gods.