NYC Trip- help me plan!!!

Beta84

They're out to get us
wow, I forgot the Delis!

3 options...

Carnegie Deli -- the famous one
Stage Deli -- relatively famous, just as good, near Times Square
Katz Deli -- sorta out of the way (I think it's on Houston? I'd have to look), but it's possibly the best of the 3. Also the easiest to get into. By the way -- Houston is pronounced "House-ton", not like the city. They'll laugh at you if you get that wrong. It's at the Lower East Side, probably not too far off from SoHo and the Village if you took a cab. But i'd have to check.

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
...Empire state building.

Brooklyn Bridge.
Ground Zero.
Times Square.
Toys r' Us.
Rock Plaza.
Ride the subway.
Macy's.
The Dakota
Union Square.
Grand Central Station
Washington Square
City Hall
The Battery
Chelsea
The Village
UN building
Catch a mass at St. Patricks
Saks

That'll keep you busy for awhile.

Awesome list. Just to ad a few more,

Rockefeller Center, St. Pattys, Trump Tower NBC studio's, Tiffany's and Radio City all within a couple blocks.

The Ed Sullivan Theater on Broadway

Central Park Zoo

Carnegie Hall

The new and old Yankee Stadium still standing and an awesome sight to see. Saw that on Sunday.

Gotta gotta gotta have a slice and a dirty water hotdog! Enjoy your trip.

moviegirl1980

It's only life....
Central Park Zoo oh!!! good idea!!!

The new and old Yankee Stadium still standing and an awesome sight to see. that sounds awesome and i am a baseball fan....not of the yanks but any ball fan has to see that!!

Gotta gotta gotta have a slice and a dirty water hotdog! I'll take the slice but I'll pass on the dog!!

THANKS!!!
[/ QUOTE]

Beta84

They're out to get us
Go see Wicked on Broadway!

that was absolutely an amazing show on broadway :smile:

avenue Q was an absolute riot though. I've seen Wicked is on tour, not sure if Avenue Q will be. Probably a little too vulgar/funny :lmao:

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
Central Park Zoo oh!!! good idea!!!

The new and old Yankee Stadium still standing and an awesome sight to see. that sounds awesome and i am a baseball fan....not of the yanks but any ball fan has to see that!!

Gotta gotta gotta have a slice and a dirty water hotdog! I'll take the slice but I'll pass on the dog!!

THANKS!!!
[/ QUOTE]

Oh common, little water thats been sitting for an unknown amount of days full of Sabretts! YUM!!!!

The stadium blew me away as I didn't know the new one was built already.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
We couldnt get tix, we are seeing Legally Blonde since it closing....I missed RENT by a month :(
Bummer.
that was absolutely an amazing show on broadway :smile:

avenue Q was an absolute riot though. I've seen Wicked is on tour, not sure if Avenue Q will be. Probably a little too vulgar/funny :lmao:

I have seen it twice. Once in Baltimore and once in NYC. My one and only time to NYC, not counting a 5 hour layover at LaGuardia to Germany. Bussed in and out. :lol:

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
You sound well versed in those areas. :lol:

Grew up on the upper west side and in the Bronx. Didn't have a choice. :lmao:

If you are a history buff you could drive uptown and see the Audubon ballroom where Malcom X got shot. Its on Broadway near 168st.

Apollo Theater on 125th.

South Street Seaport is cool.

They just towed the renovated USS Intrepid back to the West side as well.

Museum of Natural History

The Guggenheim

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Nope...sadly I saw Camelot...it was horrible!

Last year we had season tix to the Hippidrome in Baltimore...Camelot was the only bad show, and it was with Lou Diamond Phillips from LaBamba.

You MUST see Spamalot! It is awesome! Seen it twice! :lmao:

How about Mama Mia? I have seen it 3-4 times. Took my daughter last summer in DC for her birthday. She got all the leads autographs, while I took pictures.