NYT has been lying and making up crap for a long time

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Well, thanks for that cup of joy this morning. :tap:

For anyone who has the stomach for some really gruesome, terrifying stuff, read at your own risk.

at least the bastard died in prison .... although an execution should have been that guys fate

Larry Gude

Strung Out
:lmao:

It would behoove you to, once in your life, just back off and admit you were wrong. I won't hold my breath.

From YOUR link;
At first, the murder of Genovese did not receive much media attention. It took a remark from the New York City Police Commissioner Michael J. Murphy to New York Times metropolitan editor A. M. Rosenthal over lunch – Rosenthal later quoted Murphy as saying, "That Queens story is one for the books" – to provoke the Times into publishing an investigative report.[7][17]
The article,[21][42] written by Martin Gansberg and published on March 27, 1964, two weeks after the murder, bore the headline "37 Who Saw Murder Didn't Call the Police". (It has been variously quoted and reproduced since 1964 with a headline that begins "Thirty-Eight Who Saw..."[43]) The public view of the story crystallized around a quote from the article by an unidentified neighbor who saw part of the attack but deliberated before finally getting another neighbor to call the police, saying, "I didn't want to get involved."[7] Many then saw the story of Genovese's murder as emblematic of the callousness or apathy of life in big cities, and New York in particular.[43]