Oaks Road

nana

Nana
It sounds like (via the scanner) they are looking for a house either on the corner of Carrico Mill Rd and Oaks or Keech and Oaks there is an older man that lives there but firetrucks are lost.

OldHillcrestGuy

Firetrucks didnot get lost, the location was incorrect when it was dispatched, came out as 14500 Oaks, then they came back and said Oaks and Carrico Mill, then something was mentioned about a blue house and a new house , turns out it was Keech and Oaks and was found by a Chief who was responding from the opposite side then what the firetrucks came from. Turned out to be a shed and it was on the ground before the firetrucks got there, was started by a space heater in the shed.

Hoover

Firetrucks didnot get lost, the location was incorrect when it was dispatched, came out as 14500 Oaks, then they came back and said Oaks and Carrico Mill, then something was mentioned about a blue house and a new house , turns out it was Keech and Oaks and was found by a Chief who was responding from the opposite side then what the firetrucks came from. Turned out to be a shed and it was on the ground before the firetrucks got there, was started by a space heater in the shed.

Hughesville trucks never get lost!!!!

nana

Nana
Lets hope not, I think someone you know was riding in the officer's seat TG, it did sound like they were lost if you were listening to the call.

Only got on the scanner after the trucks were backing up and down the road 3-4 times I kept hearing Carrico Mill and Oaks new blue house and was telling hubby there is no house there it has to be Keech heard the guy say he found it glad all was ok and no one was hurt this road is nuts new addresses old addresses and none seem to match anymore

OldHillcrestGuy

Its a 4-way stop sign, I really dont see a probelm with them going through it, cars coming in other directions would be stopping anyway and they had their emergency equipment on. Ive blown that intersection many times driving the ambo, even before the 4 way stop was put in this spring. You have very clear view approaching from Rt. 5, not so coming out Oaks toward 5.

Hoover

People always remember to speak slow and clear when making a 911 call. Even if its to tell someone they have a nice butt.!!!!:killingme

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
I just loved how Mechanisville blew the stop sign right at oaks and charlotte hall road trying to cause an accident.

If you (or whoever tried to go through the intersection) would yield to an emergency vehicle, there'd be no 'accident.' :shrug: