Obama wants Marines to wear ‘girly’ hats

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
What? A Gurps/New York Post story is bs? Say it isn't so! :faint: When I lived in NYC I used to wipe my ass with that rag!

:lmao:

Still I can't wait for the day the Curious George and Moochelle are out of the White House.

Then I can say for the first time in my life, I'm proud to b.e.. a... n... Oh. Never mind. That wasn't me. :ohwell:

Attachments

• obama.jpg
    obama.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

mamatutu

mama to two
:lmao:

Still I can't wait for the day the Curious George and Moochelle are out of the White House.

Then I can say for the first time in my life, I'm proud to b.e.. a... n... Oh. Never mind. That wasn't me. :ohwell:

I was talking to my husband (former Marine) about this tonight. I told him that I worry about even though there will probably be resounding feedback from Marines not to change the cover, they will be told tough poopoo, we are going to change it, anyway. Just like Obamacare got forced down our throats. And, why is it even being considered to change the cover, right now, when our country is in dire straights, financially? :confused:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
If the Marines and their commanders do nothing about this, then screw them. Just another nail in the coffin of what used to be the best in the military of the world.

Thanks, obama - keep on wearing your skinny jeans, which moochelle cannot.......

Bay_Kat

Tropical
If the Marines and their commanders do nothing about this, then screw them. Just another nail in the coffin of what used to be the best in the military of the world.

Thanks, obama - keep on wearing your skinny jeans, which moochelle cannot.......

He's already said several times it's his military, so I guess he can do what he wants. I can't wait to see that man go, unfortunately the next one in will just keep whatever he's got going....going. Hilary. Ugh.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
He's already said several times it's his military, so I guess he can do what he wants. I can't wait to see that man go, unfortunately the next one in will just keep whatever he's got going....going. Hilary. Ugh.

You really can't wait to see the big o go? I say, where will he go?

To another term in the WH?

It is up to the military leaders to stand up to the piece of crap in the WH, or the people will have to.

Obama just doesn't care about the Constitution at all - just whatever he has to plug down his working toilet for his personal constitution.

mamatutu

mama to two

Well, technically, Obama is Commander-in-Chief to the US military under the Constitution. As in, he is the start of the chain of command in times of conflict. But, Obama doesn't understand that it does not make the military HIS military; which is a big distinction. But, why are we surprised that he interprets the Constitution differently?

ZARA

With all the crap that is going on in our country right now people are discussing F*ing HATS?!?! Seriously?!? :banghead:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
The military, (you know, the ones who make the decision on uniform changes), does this all the time. The Navy changed the cover/uniform at least five times during the 20 years that I served.

Why are you "worried" that the cover will change? How does that affect you?

My apologies in advance, Dixie.

My "cover" after the return of the more traditional Navy uniform was the "Dixie Cup." :lol:

No offense meant, just couldn't resist the irony. :buddies:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Well, technically, Obama is Commander-in-Chief to the US military under the Constitution. As in, he is the start of the chain of command in times of conflict. But, Obama doesn't understand that it does not make the military HIS military; which is a big distinction. But, why are we surprised that he interprets the Constitution differently?

But, but, but he is a Constitutional Scholar! Whose Constitution, I don't know, but that and $3 will get you 2 sausage, egg, and cheese muffins at McDonalds this week!

:dye:

BOP

The military, (you know, the ones who make the decision on uniform changes), does this all the time. The Navy changed the cover/uniform at least five times during the 20 years that I served.

Why are you "worried" that the cover will change? How does that affect you?

Do you have any idea of the amount of money the Marine Corps is contemplating spending on mere covers? As of yesterday, a budget still hasn't been passed for FY14, and even when it does, it'll only go through Jan 15th, and it'll be a CRA. In the broader scope, the amount of money they're fixin' to spend on covers isn't a lot of money, even though it is, but it's the idea that a lot of things aren't getting paid for, and they're looking at new covers.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Did you not read the entire thread? Obama DIDN'T have anything to do with this, this is a decision made by uniform boards composed of military and civilian members.

And do you honestly believe that this is not going to be the best military anymore because their hats may or may not be changing? I got news for you pal, our military is a helluva lot better than that and I can guarantee you that no Marine would let a stupid thing like a hat stop him/her from fulfilling the mission.

Yes, I read the article, and heard enough talk about it Tuesday and Wednesday. To say that the current occupant of the WH and his administration at top levels had "nothing to do with it" is akin to saying that they had nothing to do with the current deficit and $17+ trillion national debt we currently enjoy as well, which is just another reason why it is incredibly stupid to make unnecessary uniform changes that will cost millions and millions of dollars that are not available.

I'm sure the Marines made this PC decision all on their own to make their branch as gender-neutral as possible, with no insight or head nodding of approval from the WH at all.:sarcasm:

Last edited:

MMM_donuts

Apparently some of you are unaware of how frequent these uniform changes occur. The Board comes out with recommendations like every year. Marines get to vote on them and then the boar decides what's worthwhile and what isn't. So this isn't a spontaneous thing, it's just in the news because it is being sensationalized.

They've tried blood stripes on the skirts, they've recently been messing with the all-weather coat, and they just redid all the cammies and pt gear within the last decade.

Furthermore, unisex is much easier for supply to maintain.

What's the actual issue here? Are you mad because you think the president has something to do with this? Because guys have to wear something "girly"? Or because you are perceiving this to be a PC issue?

BOP

Apparently some of you are unaware of how frequent these uniform changes occur. The Board comes out with recommendations like every year. Marines get to vote on them and then the boar decides what's worthwhile and what isn't. So this isn't a spontaneous thing, it's just in the news because it is being sensationalized.

They've tried blood stripes on the skirts, they've recently been messing with the all-weather coat, and they just redid all the cammies and pt gear within the last decade.

What's the actual issue here? Are you mad because you think the president has something to do with this? Because guys have to wear something "girly"? Or because you are perceiving this to be a PC issue?

I'm irritated because of the cavalier attitude toward spending millions on an unnecessary uniform change.

I'm suspicious that a company that's been in business with the government since 1974 is suddenly going out of business. Either they've suddenly become very inept at management, or Obamacare is forcing them out of the market.

Bernard Cap - Genuine Military Headwear - About us

b23hqb

PREMO Member

The new hats are ridiculous for men while looking god for the girls, making men look like French police like Inspector Clouseau of the Pink Panther fame.

I say it is a combination of both - the desire to have a gender neutral military arising from PC. I went through five or six major uni changes during my 25+ years of Navy, active and reserve. Some of them made sense from a safety standpoint, especially fire-retardant and shipboard use.

Ain't nothing wrong with unisex for regular, everyday working uniforms outside of office work, but let male hats look like male hats.

I personally am for a general, standard service-wide cammie working uniform, with differences for combat units that make duty sense. Each branch should be able to keep their traditional rank and name badges and insignias. The services are so intertwined now with all kinds of joint commands and ops where the only real difference should be in the dress uniforms of each branch.

Too many changes were/are just for the simple reason to change things up, and they are all approved by the CinC.

MMM_donuts

If this were a PC thing by direction of the president, wouldn't ALL often services have to be considering this change?

Yes, the money spending is aggravating and unnecessary but this is what they do. How often are these uniform changes actually NEEDED?

If the maker is going out of business, why don't they just let the females wear the male cover? Does it not fit? I never tried one on. The female covers aren't particularly conducive to buns, I can tell you that. They are also very expensive and only one piece where the you can disassemble the male covers and replace individual parts. It seems to me that would be the cheapest route and would add to the appearance of uniformity.

Although, in my most honest personal opinion, I think the current male cover looks ridiculous on most men.

BOP

The new hats are ridiculous for men while looking god for the girls, making men look like French police like Inspector Clouseau of the Pink Panther fame.

I say it is a combination of both - the desire to have a gender neutral military arising from PC. I went through five or six major uni changes during my 25+ years of Navy, active and reserve. Some of them made sense from a safety standpoint, especially fire-retardant and shipboard use.

Ain't nothing wrong with unisex for regular, everyday working uniforms outside of office work, but let male hats look like male hats.

I personally am for a general, standard service-wide cammie working uniform, with differences for combat units that make duty sense. Each branch should be able to keep their traditional rank and name badges and insignias. The services are so intertwined now with all kinds of joint commands and ops where the only real difference should be in the dress uniforms of each branch.

Too many changes were/are just for the simple reason to change things up, and they are all approved by the CinC.

I'd just like to point out that chicks aren't the only ones who dig a member of the opposite sex in uniform. :biggrin:

:hot:

http://www.miliwoman.com/USA/

BOP

If this were a PC thing by direction of the president, wouldn't ALL often services have to be considering this change?

Yes, the money spending is aggravating and unnecessary but this is what they do. How often are these uniform changes actually NEEDED?

If the maker is going out of business, why don't they just let the females wear the male cover? Does it not fit? I never tried one on. The female covers aren't particularly conducive to buns, I can tell you that. They are also very expensive and only one piece where the you can disassemble the male covers and replace individual parts. It seems to me that would be the cheapest route and would add to the appearance of uniformity.

Although, in my most honest personal opinion, I think the current male cover looks ridiculous on most men.

Could be punishment for people having the audacity to criticize his majesty for using a Marine as an umbrella holder.

MMM_donuts

Could be punishment for people having the audacity to criticize his majesty for using a Marine as an umbrella holder.

At some point an argument without any proof become an emotional reach to justify an inappropriate reaction.