Ocean City

lovinmaryland

Never been to Ocean City before and are taking the kids on a little weekend getaway there. Any suggestions on things to do, places to go, eat, etc... Thanks :buddies:

Chris0nllyn

Walk the beach/boardwalk, arcade, go-karting, Ripley's Believe it or Not (they're still there, right?), day trip top Rehobeth Beach, Jolly Rogers, Thrashers boardwalk fries, Macky's, Fager's, etc.

PJay

And I believe that covers the entire list. Water is damn cold this time of year.

Especially to a child, though I do occasionally as an adult crave to have some once in a while. Been tempted to order some online, because no longer in the area.

I am thankful that my Aunt and Uncle kind enough to take me there as a child. We would leave from their home in Waldorf at 5am and headed for O.C. After our arrival laid on the beach and waited for the sun. They napped but my eyes remained open. I can almost still smell the ocean and the food coming from the boardwalk. A good memory.

Last edited:

PJay

Walk the beach/boardwalk, arcade, go-karting, Ripley's Believe it or Not (they're still there, right?), day trip top Rehobeth Beach, Jolly Rogers, Thrashers boardwalk fries, Macky's, Fager's, etc.

Forgot about Thrashers fries. Walking the boardwalk and trying different food is fun.

lovinmaryland

And I believe that covers the entire list. Water is damn cold this time of year.
I know but hopefully we can still get some toes in the water ass in the sand time in! Kids are crazy they'll probably jump in even if for only a little bit.
Forgot about Thrashers fries. Walking the boardwalk and trying different food is fun.
That sounds right up my alley!!! :yum:

Was hoping to find a good restaurant either on the water or that over looks the water.

dave1959

This weekend is great if you like insane crowds, I go to OC several times a year but I won't touch that place with a 20 foot pole on a holiday weekend.

lovinmaryland

This weekend is great if you like insane crowds, I go to OC several times a year but I won't touch that place with a 20 foot pole on a holiday weekend.

It wasn't packed at all. Actually reminded me of a typical weekend in Myrtle Beach. There was zero traffic on the way there or the way home. Could've been the times we left (first thing in the morning and later in the afternoon)

lovinmaryland

The boardwalk was cool, kinda touristy and the only place that we encountered w/ a crowd. Got some thrashers fries (super yummy!) tried the fishers popcorn and it wasn't nearly as good as the stuff we got in Chicago so we opted to not get any.

The first night we couldn't figure out where to eat dinner so I yelped & trip advisored for OC best restaurant and that led us to Hooked http://hookedoc.com/ WOW what a fantastic meal! Food was absolutely delicious! Everything is locally sourced so that was a nice touch also.

We got some oysters that were from st jeromes neck (cant remember the name didn't eat them) that they guys said were fantastic, truffled fries (they were super unique & very tasty), chicken Chesapeake sandwich (yummy but not as good as the other sandwiches) fried oyster & pork belly po boy (wow so good. Doesn't look it but it was great!), booze & bacon burger which was excellent! I had ordered the chicken Chesapeake and although it was very good I wish I would've went w/ my instincts and got the scallop dish. I saw it go by several times that evening and it looked phenomenal. I would highly recommend this restaurant if anyone was looking for a super yummy meal.

Attachments

• IMG_7335.jpg
    IMG_7335.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_7334.jpg
    IMG_7334.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_7341.jpg
    IMG_7341.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_7342.jpg
    IMG_7342.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_7343.jpg
    IMG_7343.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 43

lovinmaryland

We had lunch at http://www.marinadeckrestaurant.com/Pages/Menu.aspx the food was ok...it reminded me of captain johns or captain billys w/ taste & prices. The service was pretty bad. I probably wouldn't go back to this place again unless it was for a cocktail & appetizer to watch the sunset because they do have a killer view.

Attachments

• IMG_7382.jpg
    IMG_7382.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_7383.jpg
    IMG_7383.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7385.jpg
    IMG_7385.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_7386.jpg
    IMG_7386.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 36

Chris0nllyn

I was surprised how little people were out that way this weekend.

I was on Chincoteague Island and it wasn't bad at all and only a small bit of traffic on the way home.

Food looked good! Glad you had fun.