Oct. 20th: Young Eagles at St. Mary's Co. Airport

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
I am divorced and get the boys every other weekend. And the weekend this is scheduled for is not 'my' weekend but I already got with the X and told her about it so I will be there with the boys bright and early. :lmao: She even asked if she could go up. :lmao: I explained the purpose for this and the age limits. They don't know yet and have never been on an airplane at all yet so I know they will have a ball. They are 10-13.

I was hoping to get them involved with the CAP cadets but as I only have them every couple of weeks I doubt I will be able to support that on a regular enough basis for them to meet their commitments.

This sounds like a great deal to get them up and thinking about future possiblities. I have taken them on base and over to St. Mary's to watch the birds and we even take a scanner to listen to the pilots talk with tower and such.

I am looking forward to this. Thank you folks for providing this opportunity. It's something not within my means to do by myself.

dgates80

Land of the lost
I heard just today that it was cancelled. I believe there is another one scheduled for Nov 3rd.

Actually, no there is not. you can contact me though, I am the EAA Chapter 478 Young Eagles coordinator and I can help set you up with an appointment with a volunteer pilot on a one on one basis.

I may be available this weekend in the late afternoon in fact. My email is dgates@techie.com

-- Don Gates

dgates80

Land of the lost
Is this still planned for this Saturday? Son is excited.

Unfortunately this Saturday's event (Oct. 20th) is cancled in terms of an organized event. There were just too many schedule conflicts that came up among the volunteer pilots that make this happen, especially that there is a CRE membership meeting on the 20th.

There is a CRE airport open house scheduled for November 10th, if you live in CRE we will be giving Young Eagles rides at that event.

TexasSunflower

Support Our Troops!
Unfortunately this Saturday's event (Oct. 20th) is cancled in terms of an organized event. There were just too many schedule conflicts that came up among the volunteer pilots that make this happen, especially that there is a CRE membership meeting on the 20th.

There is a CRE airport open house scheduled for November 10th, if you live in CRE we will be giving Young Eagles rides at that event.

:lalala: I'm not hearing this!!!! GOSH darn it! This was going to be one of my sons birthday gifts!!! He was so excited about this! Now he is going to be crushed! :frown: Please, Please, Please let us know when it will be rescheduled!

Oh and why do you have to live in CRE in order to go to this event? We live in Lusby just not in CRE!! I thought this was a free event for all children?

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
I have 2 boys who I am comfortable volunteering to support these Young Eagles Events. I don't know if any additional manpower might be needed pushing birds around or just support in general but I know 2 boys who I am sure would love to help. Oh and there will be some big kid coming along too, to keep watch on the little ones. If you can put us to work. Please don't hesitate to do so.

smilin

BOXER NATION
I have 2 boys who I am comfortable volunteering to support these Young Eagles Events. I don't know if any additional manpower might be needed pushing birds around or just support in general but I know 2 boys who I am sure would love to help. Oh and there will be some big kid coming along too, to keep watch on the little ones. If you can put us to work. Please don't hesitate to do so.

Sign me and mine up to help too!

awpitt

Main Streeter
Hi everyone,
The local EAA Chapter 478 is hosting a Young Eagles Rally on Oct. 20th at St. Mary's Airport.

What's Young Eagles? It's an opportunity for kids ages 8 to 17 to fly with a volunteer EAA member pilot and airplane as an introduction to the exciting world of aviation. These are intended as short local flights and are educational in theme. It also happens to be a TON of fun -- and I don't know who gets the bigger kick, the pilots working with the kids or the Young Eagles!

The cost? It's free! Our chapter member pilots offer their time, skills, and airplanes to do this for the kids.

For more information on the Young Eagles program see the Young Eagles website at EAA Young Eagles

So, just come on by the St. Mary's Airport terminal building Saturday, Oct. 20th from 8 am until 1pm, we hope to see you and your kids there!
Is this still a go? I checked the Website and didn't see St. Mary's listed.

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
Is this still a go? I checked the Website and didn't see St. Mary's listed.

Cancelled

dgates80

Land of the lost
I was sad to see it cancled as well. I guess the weather isnt going to be great!

WX is indeed going to be not so hot.

There is also a TFR (temporary flight restriction) due to Persidential movement that affects St. Mary's airport tomorrow. Would make doing Young Eagles harder. Each flight would have to have a seperate active flight plan. Short flights such as these are normally done without a flight plan, not normally required.

The Prez is visiting Dick Cheney's digs at St. Michaels. Unlike previous POTUS's, he gets a 60 mile diameter protective block of airspace. Not that it affords any REAL protection and causes REAL interference with legitimate civil flight operations (oh, but not the airlines! They get a pass!) .

But I digress. Sorry folks, the YE event is indeed cancled for tomorrow and there is not a formal YE event scheduled for the general public until next spring. YE flights are available on a one-on-one basis though, contact me at dgates@techie(dot)com .. or come to the CRE Airport Open House on November 10th, at the Chesapeake Ranch Estates airport.

JustTheFax

On the Right Side.
The E A A is a great organization.

I went to the Oshkosh air show years ago.

The organization of that event is superb. 50,000 people there and the place was clean, no trash on the ground. Great group of people.

TexasSunflower

Support Our Troops!

There is also a TFR (temporary flight restriction) due to Persidential movement that affects St. Mary's airport tomorrow. Would make doing Young Eagles harder. Each flight would have to have a seperate active flight plan. Short flights such as these are normally done without a flight plan, not normally required.

The Prez is visiting Dick Cheney's digs at St. Michaels. Unlike previous POTUS's, he gets a 60 mile diameter protective block of airspace. Not that it affords any REAL protection and causes REAL interference with legitimate civil flight operations (oh, but not the airlines! They get a pass!) .

But I digress. Sorry folks, the YE event is indeed cancled for tomorrow and there is not a formal YE event scheduled for the general public until next spring. YE flights are available on a one-on-one basis though, contact me at dgates@techie(dot)com .. or come to the CRE Airport Open House on November 10th, at the Chesapeake Ranch Estates airport.

SO CAN WE GO TO THIS FUNCTION AT CRE AIRPORT IF WE ARE NOT RESIDENTS OF CRE? MY SON WAS CRUSHED WHEN WE TOLD HIM IT WAS CANCELLED.

dgates80

Land of the lost
Officially, no. I sent you a email though, we'll set something up for you guys. The CRE Airport Open House event on Nov. 10th is intended to be a community outreach program, though, so if you live in the Lusby / Solomons area......

R

residentofcre

That's awful... why can't Cheney & Bush hold off 'til after Young Eagles?

Are you going to sponsor kids who want to come to the CRE event?