OFFICIAL Snow Closings Thread Monday, March 02

bulldog

Base now delayed until noon.
Unscheduled leave for civilians and liberty for Military Personnel is encouraged.

bulldog

Official Information From The Base Co

This is the latest information from the base Commanding Officer. I have his permission to post it and will keep you updated as much as possible.

1. DELAYED REPORTING until 1200, 02 March.

2. LIBERAL LEAVE in effect and encouraged.

3. ESSENTIAL PERSONNEL to report

TV Channels 4, 5, 7 and 9 are announcing these storm weather delays.

WMAL AM 630, WPTX AM 920, WTOP AM 1500, WPAX AM 1610, WMDM FM 97.7, WSMD FM
98.3, WRFK FM 102.9, WMZZ FM 104.1, WTOP FM 107.7 are announcing these storm
weather delays

FOR INFO:

1. Child Development Center (CDC) is OPEN.

2. Pax Landing (Galley) is OPEN

3. Fleet and Family Support Center (FFSC) is OPEN.

4. Drill Hall is OPEN.

5. PASS & ID (Gate #2) is OPEN. Paper passes may be issued at the Gate
Guard shacks by MAA & DOD Police.

6. GATES #1 and #2 are OPEN. GATE #3 CLOSED at 0930, 2 March and will
reopen on Tuesday morning.

7. Navy Exchange is OPEN.

Again, I strongly encourage tenant commands to delay individuals reporting
time as they deem necessary based on
the local area traveling conditions.

Safety and Security of our Pax Pros is my primary concern.

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
MTA Changes for Monday afternoon:

Due to the inclement weather, the MTA #901 Bus will only run odd numbered trips this afternoon, Monday, March 2, plus trip #32.

Due to the inclement weather, the #903 and #907 will only run odd numbered trips this afternoon, Monday, March 2.

Due to the inclement weather, the #905 will only run odd numbered trips, plus trip #26, this afternoon, Monday, March 2.

Due to the inclement weather, the #909 will only run the even numbered trips this afternoon, Monday, March 2.

Due to the inclement weather, the #902 will only run odd numbered trips this afternoon, Monday, March 2.

Last edited:

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
EMERGENCY SHELTER WILL OPEN AT 4:00pm

As a result of the extended power outages from the Winter Storm affecting Southern Maryland, Great Mills High School will be opening as an Emergency Shelter at 4:00pm on Monday, March 02, 2009.

Pets can be brought to the shelters. Animal Control will be able to shelter pets outside of the Schools. Please remember to bring food for your pet.

Please see the following list of items you should consider bringing to the shelter.

o Be sure to bring food if you require special diet foods, as food may not be readily available at the Shelter.

o Infant formula/food/diapers.

o Medical equipment—wheelchair, glasses, dentures, eye care supplies etc.

o Please bring your prescription medications. Prescription medications will not be supplied in shelters, you must bring your own.

o Sleeping bags, blankets, pillows, folding chairs. Bedding is not provided in public shelters.

o Personal hygiene items and changes of clothing.

o Entertainment items—cards, games, etc.

For more information about what you can do to prepare please visit the St. Mary’s County Department of Public Safety website at
St. Mary's County Department of Public Safety - Homepage

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Charles County to Open Warming Shelter

(MONDAY, MARCH 2, 2009) – The Charles County Commissioners announce that due the large of citizens without electricity due to the winter storm a warming shelter will open today, Monday, March 2, at 6 p.m. at Milton Somers Middle School, 300 Willow Lane, La Plata, Maryland.

This warming shelter is for those citizens and their pets (cats and dogs only) who are without power due to the winter storm that effected the area beginning on Sunday evening. No meals or showers will be provided.

If you leave your home, please make arrangements for your pets at a kennel, or if you have to bring your pet with you, please bring them in a pet carrier. Accommodations will be made to house your animal. Your pet, however, will not be allowed in the shelter. Only seeing-eye or hearing-eye dogs are permitted inside the shelter due to health regulations.

Please DO NOT call 911 unless you have an emergency.