Ok, I'm stupid

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Nodnarb
Voter - in St. Mary's, when you do community service or make a donation to Project Grad, your violation goes on Stet Docket. This keeps it off of your record, and the charge is expunged after a certain period of time. (Unless you get another ticket and then you have both of them to deal with!) This is how I understand the process to work based on past experience.

That is how it worked the last time I got a ticket (about six years ago).

Being nice definately helps, smother them with the niceness. I was clocked doing better then 80 in a 55 zone the cop reduced it to 64 in a 55 and recommended the community service route. While it wasn't fun washing and waxing cop cars for eight hours it was better then getting my insurance cancelled or rates through the roof.

voter

It would not bother me so much getting caught and having to pony up but what really gets me steaming is knowing that most police are hypocrites themselves. They speed around with no one to answer to. Show me a cop and in 5 minutes, I can name a law they just broke. Improper use of blinkers or not even using them, headlights in rain, lane switching in intersections, speeding, too fast in parking lots. If they are out giving the public tickets then they themselves should be the epitome of the law. Remember the good ol days when the mere presents of a cop would slow everyone down and everyone would follow them at their pace. Nowadays they are lane switching tailgaters trying to get up front and passing everyone.

rant finished