Ok, writer's strike has hit home

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You can tell they rushed through to wrap up the series.

First few seasons were great

Last season was disappointing.

I was please with how they wrapped it up. I couldn't figure out how they were going to get out of it and thought maybe they'd have Midge and Joel get back together ( :bleh: ).

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I need to find the service that has Yellowstone and start on that one.

Hopefully it'll be one I can enjoy.

:fingerscrossed:

NOTSMC

One of the best cop shows on Broadcast TV in my opinion.
It still is. Have you watched We Own This City on HBO? It's a true story sorta based off The Wire, in that it was a wire that caught him and the BCP that went bad are all in jail now. Really good - you just have to keep up with it and really watch and not half ass watch like I have a habit of doing.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Also... Has everyone noticed how many remakes there are currently?

Magnum PI, Quantum Leap, Equilizer, Fantasy Island, Night Court and FBI.

Hollywood is completely out of new ideas.

SamSpade

Also... Has everyone noticed how many remakes there are currently?

Magnum PI, Quantum Leap, Equilizer, Fantasy Island, Night Court and FBI.

Hollywood is completely out of new ideas.
To be completely honest - the FBI shows are better than the Quinn Martin production of the 70's.
And although I watch Magnum and Quantum - yeah, they're not as good as the originals.

SamSpade

You know, I am not sure what it is - but my wife and I have NOT liked so many of the shows suggested - and suggested by others.
We didn't like the Sopranos. Or Homicide. Or The Wire. Or anything Yellowstone. Or Ozark.

Some shows, we lasted longer but eventually lost interest. Like The Last Kingdom. Or Dexter. EVENTUALLY we just bored of them.

Grant you, the two of US have different tastes as well. I like Jack Ryan. Wife likes Virgin River and the Gilmore Girls.
I loved everything Walking Dead. We both like Outlander.

On regular TV we like cop shows, courtroom shows (mostly), spy/military type shows and medical shows (mostly).
The "mostly" is because many of these shows are just thinly disguised night-time soaps or silly melodrama. And in one case, just seriously too woke and preachy.

GregV814

the music choice channels.... like having a radio on in the background....
anything from swing/big band to high hair 1980's glitz to sh!t kickin' C & W...

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
We made it through two seasons of Breaking Bad before we just said, nope. Not for us.
The Wire took just three or four episodes before we just got bored with it. Ditto Orange.

MIGHT try Maisel.

We've noticed - if the pilot episode doesn't draw us in, it's toast. It HAS to have SOME pull. IT is the thing that makes you say, ok, I'm in.

I do have to admit, the best way to get us into it are those little teasers that Netflix shows to get you interested.
I don’t know anyone who hasn’t liked Maisel by the second episode.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
don't remember if it was already mentioned in this thread or the other netflix and chill one, but Lincoln Lawyer has been realllly good. Yes, another crime/lawyer show - which I'm usually not in to, but this feels like its from a fresh perspective and I enjoy the quick whit and humor. (as well as the guy who plays Mickey :hot: )

Clem72

On regular TV we like cop shows, courtroom shows (mostly), spy/military type shows and medical shows (mostly).
The "mostly" is because many of these shows are just thinly disguised night-time soaps or silly melodrama. And in one case, just seriously too woke and preachy.

Have you considered......

download.jpeg

On a less joking note, I am reminded of Early Edition which I always liked and it seems lots of people haven't seen it.