Okay Ladies (and lurking men)

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Thanks for the post Wenchy. Most folks shy away from spreading good common sense or sound advice when it concerns something that involves a "below the waist" issue.

A virus is a virus. And, unfortunately those viruses that tend to be the ones that can be the easiest to prevent and prevent the transmission of - can also be the difficult and deadliest as well. Look at HIV and herpes too....

morganj614

Wenchy said:
Nope, I read the news on here. Thanks for the info., but it's too late for my Tyger. (past the age) She does know all about it, though.

Others on here will hopefully get their children the vaccine when it's approved. :yay:

I saw the vaccine story on Fox Sunday morning. Dr. Isadore Rosenfeld had it on The news isn't all about D.C. and murder. People that bury their head in the sand deserve to be shot in the ass.
So if you have a daughter, think about it. A shot or a chance of cervical cancer. Take control of your own health and become your own family health advocate...or bury your head in the sand and get shot in the ass. This applies to anything, not just a vaccine. SHEESH.
Good night. :howdy:

StarCat

I usually read the news on the website, that way I can pick and choose what I wanna know about. I live happily with my head buried in the sand. When I was aware of what was going on everywhere, I had panic attacks. I dont like those, so, I dont watch the news. I rarely watch anything on TV.

W

Wenchy

virgovictoria said:
Thanks for the post Wenchy. Most folks shy away from spreading good common sense or sound advice when it concerns something that involves a "below the waist" issue.

A virus is a virus. And, unfortunately those viruses that tend to be the ones that can be the easiest to prevent and prevent the transmission of - can also be the difficult and deadliest as well. Look at HIV and herpes too....

You're welcome. :huggy:

HIV and herpes can be prevented in the same manner.

Guys don't take HPV seriously, and I really want for them to be reading this. I hope their partners will tell them, and everyone can start being more careful...I know...world peace...rainbows and butterflies.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Good getting the word out W. I know a few with this as well.

Before I have any exchanges with the opposite sex we both get checked out. The swizzle stick sucks but no pain...no gain.

gigi6

Wenchy said:
Did you click the link in the first post?

It's Human Papilloma Virus. Read about it.

This is very serious and you MUST keep all GYN appointments.

I had never heard of this virus...until I was diagnosed with cervical cancer 3 years ago - and went through an emergency hysterectomy. I tried various treatments, but in the end, I was only left with the hysterectomy option. I wished I had heard about this when I was younger!

However, I make sure my daughter, daughter's-in-law and granddaughters all know about this form of cancer.

Thank you Wenchy for bringing this subject up! :flowers:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Wenchy said:
I have no problem saying that I have HPV. It's actually a very common viral infection, but some of the strains are more dangerous than others. When I was diagnosed over 20 years ago, I was told that 80% of the females on campus had tested positive for it. This is another reason for the guys to wrap it, and for us to all be more careful. In men, it CAN cause warts...in women, it CAN cause warts (you get them burned off...EWW!) but also cervical cancer :dead: In many cases, people never get the warts, but pass the virus from partner to partner. I've been dysplasic, but my latest paps are clear. A girlfriend sent me this link tonight, and I did want to share. I can't wait to get my bracelet! :banana: I will continue to :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: about it. Some on here have already had this conversation with me, and I never asked for it to be kept secret. I am thrilled that there is now a movement about it so more people can be educated and protected.

http://www.maketheconnection.org/default.asp

Awesome PSA, Wenchy! Thanks. I'd never heard of it before.

morganj614

StarCat said:
I usually read the news on the website, that way I can pick and choose what I wanna know about. I live happily with my head buried in the sand. When I was aware of what was going on everywhere, I had panic attacks. I dont like those, so, I dont watch the news. I rarely watch anything on TV.

:killingme Imagine this...a person that has panic attacks and can't deal with the dirt world and reality. Why they must live their live through the forums and internet :jameo: TFF

StarCat

morganj614 said:
:killingme Imagine this...a person that has panic attacks and can't deal with the dirt world and reality. Why they must live their live through the forums and internet :jameo: TFF
I'm glad you find me so hysterical :yay: I can deal with reality, I just choose not to :biggrin:

Pandora

I had experience with panic attacks before, so have others on this forum. I got them when I was moving, putting my grandmother in an apartment, and starting a new job and they lasted for about a year afterwards before they went away.

I can sympathize. Some get them when they drive, or when they were going thru a divorce and dealing with the strain of it all.

jaie

So happy!
morganj614 said:
What is sad is that she has children and doesn't care enough about them to make sure that there mom is healthy and rather drop dead than find out if she has something.

morganj614

Pandora said:
I had experience with panic attacks before, so have others on this forum. I got them when I was moving, putting my grandmother in an apartment, and starting a new job and they lasted for about a year afterwards before they went away.

I can sympathize. Some get them when they drive, or when they were going thru a divorce and dealing with the strain of it all.

You are talking stressful situations piled one on top of another, over and over...not just watching the freakin' news :lol:

Pandora

morganj614 said:
You are talking stressful situations piled one on top of another, over and over...not just watching the freakin' news :lol:

I've cried watching the news. :peace:

9/11, O.K. bombing, sniper shootings, :ohwell: I just sat there and cried, but daily news, no I don't normally cry or have a panic attack.

Jaie :confused: What are you saying? That starcat isn't getting meds for this disorder?

Because if that is the case, she should but the meds do not always work. Sometimes you have to clean out those people in your life that cause them. :lol:

Last edited:

jaie

So happy!
Pandora said:

9/11, O.K. bombing, sniper shootings, :ohwell: I just sat there and cried, but daily news, no I don't normally cry or have a panic attack.

Jaie :confused: What are you saying? That starcat isn't getting meds for this disorder?

Because if that is the case, she should but the meds do not always work. Sometimes you have to clean out those people in your life that cause them. :lol:
No. I was talking about her burying her head in the sand and rather droping dead then going to the doctor to find out if she has anything.

morganj614

Pandora said:

In the famous words of
Suz' said:
:smack: Why you being that way girl? :killingme

I was not putting down panic attacks. Hmmmm....interesting

H

hborror

StarCat said:
:smack: I dont wanna know this stuff. When it comes to health, I'm :lalala: I would rather just fall over dead than die from worrying about it.

But it's good to know to protect your kids.

K

Kain99

OK, but like seriously... Ya have this guy and he's trippping through life doing great! He visits his doctor and finds out he has stage 4 Cancer. He drops dead in two weeks.

How much of deadly illness really lives in our heads?

This is an honest question.... I've seen it happen a few times over the last year. :huggy: