Tropical
just not feeling it this year

Attachments

• bahhumbug.jpg
    bahhumbug.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 45

Abc123

It seems like Christmas was JUST here.
I feel like I just finished putting away all the wrapping paper, cleaning up all the mess, and heaving a big sigh of relief that I had a whole year in which to relax. NOW IT'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think we should petition to skip Christmas every 5 years just so we can have a break. What say you?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Why is Christmas so stressful for everyone? You buy a few gifts, play a little music, eat too much food - what's the problem?

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Why is Christmas so stressful for everyone? You buy a few gifts, play a little music, eat too much food - what's the problem?

It's usually never a problem for me, I enjoy decorating (usually), I do all my shopping on line, bake some cookies and cakes, and love the music. Just don't have it this year. My daughter doesn't even have that "must have" gift picked out. Says she just wants money.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Right? The holidays are what you make of them. If you're stressed or dreading it, make some changes.

Abc123

For me, it's a time issue. I work two full time jobs. Take care of my fiance and his kids. Have to maintain my household. Take care of my two dogs.
Do all of my shopping, wrapping, etc..
Stress about the financial issues behind the cost of all the gift buying.
Lose sleep when I already don't get enough in order to get gifts wrapped and hidden from kiddos. The list goes on and on!!!!!

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
All the kids presents are ordered. About half of the rest of my other shopping is done. House is not decorated at all; we'll probably give that a couple weeks. Not stressing at all. :yay:

Egg nog in the fridge ... :yay:
Lights/decorations on the outside of the house ... :yay:
Lights/decorations on the inside of the house ... :yay:
Christmas music playing ... :yay:
Gifts all bought ... :yay:

So, why the heck can't I seem to get into the Christmas spirit this year?? :shrug:

SNOW :evil:

Agee

Egg nog in the fridge ... :yay:
Lights/decorations on the outside of the house ... :yay:
Lights/decorations on the inside of the house ... :yay:
Christmas music playing ... :yay:
Gifts all bought ... :yay:

So, why the heck can't I seem to get into the Christmas spirit this year?? :shrug:

"Every time you hear a bell ring, an angel just got their wings..."

Speaking of decorations, did anyone notice the rainbow this morning, perfect bow with amazing colors!

deino2002

~LEGS FOR DAYS~
For me, it's a time issue. I work two full time jobs. Take care of my fiance and his kids. Have to maintain my household. Take care of my two dogs.
Lose sleep when I already don't get enough in order to get gifts wrapped and hidden from kiddos. The list goes on and on!!!!!

Look at the positive, you have a job and are able to buy presents. You have alot more than some people. For every negative there is a positive. I know of 2 people that as of tomorrow are unemployed :ohwell: Keep doing what your doing and try not to stress so much :huggy:

Abc123

I have all my family done. I just have to take care of fiance and the munchkins. And wrapping. Starting on it this weekend.

All the kids presents are ordered. About half of the rest of my other shopping is done. House is not decorated at all; we'll probably give that a couple weeks. Not stressing at all. :yay:

Abc123

Oh yeah, I know. I'm not being a scrooge, I'm just saying it's stressful! It's tough to get it all done. I love to give gifts and watch faces as they open gifts. I just have a hard time getting everything accomplished and I do stress way too much.

Look at the positive, you have a job and are able to buy presents. You have alot more than some people. For every negative there is a positive. I know of 2 people that as of tomorrow are unemployed :ohwell: Keep doing what your doing and try not to stress so much :huggy:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Shoot, this year is smooth sailing as far as stress levels.

Typically, I organize/coordinate a party for 300+ people. I'm not doing it this year, and I feel nothing but relief.

I can now focus on my own house and family, along with the decorating, the presents, and the cooking. I am in my heaven.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I'm not stressed at all. Normally, I get all into the Christmas spirit but for some reason, I'm not. Maybe because we'll be spending Christmas away from home this year. We're not going to have a tree as a result. Adding the tree always seems to make the house look prettier. I do all my shopping online so I don't have to worry about the lines/crowds at the stores. I make lists for people throughout the year if they happen to mention something they may want. I even had stuff that I want (which normally never happens).

My greatest fear is that it will be snowing like crazy here in MD while we're gone and I'll miss it all. Christmas at the the in-law's house sucks.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo

Remember this???
http://forums.somd.com/dating-marriage/217878-guys-i-need-your-help.html