Okay, Trump is my new hero

PsyOps

Pixelated
Juvenile?

So, what do you call the others who are running? Classy? Mature? Superior? Cultured? Refined?

Yeah. A lot of good they've done being "above the fray" and too afraid to say ONE wrong thing and get run out of Dodge. :bigwhoop:

Can we say "Macaca",anyone?

We ARE talking about Trump right now, right?

This_person

He's used to doing things with his own money. This wall thing has lingered around for decades because congress can't agree on anything. 'President' Trump will need OUR money to make this wall happen; which means he will need congress. A juvenile that runs around calling people 'bimbo' and 'idiot' isn't going to get any cooperation from congress.
Ever since about 2004, what Congress has worked well with what president?

Even Pelosi/Reid and Obama didn't work well together (zero budgets). They essentially accomplished ONE thing (albeit hugely expensive, constitutionally questionable, and conducted in a verifiably inappropriate manner). And accomplishing that cost them control of the Congress.

We need a Bill Clinton with a conservative Congress - one that passes balanced budgets and the president is shamed into signing so he doesn't get fired.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Well, for the sake of argument, say he is serious, means to win and does. It will be through the trump method of making the deal, whatever that means or takes. He's certainly making the sale now. Then, once he wins it will be with a bunch of motivated, maybe this is what need types whom he can keep motivated to demand congress helps him, marginalize the msm and, well, get stuff done.

He is winning on the grounds of being trump not hurting but very much helping. If he means to win, that's a damn good place to be and it will remain so if he sees it through.

But first one has to believe he's actually serious about all of this and isn't just another one of his ventures. I happen to believe he's not serious about this at all.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Ever since about 2004, what Congress has worked well with what president?

Even Pelosi/Reid and Obama didn't work well together (zero budgets). They essentially accomplished ONE thing (albeit hugely expensive, constitutionally questionable, and conducted in a verifiably inappropriate manner). And accomplishing that cost them control of the Congress.

We need a Bill Clinton with a conservative Congress - one that passes balanced budgets and the president is shamed into signing so he doesn't get fired.

Whatever gave you the impression Pelosi, Reid, and Obama were the least bit interested in budgets or getting things done fiscally. They were too busy battling the people over Obamacare. Don’t forget they passed that thing with every democrat on board and not one single republican. They got their baby and they were done.

I don’t see a 90s GOP any time soon. They had their chance to get a wall up and they said ‘no’. They had a chance to get spending and size of government under control and they said ‘no’. They had a chance to say ‘no’ to a president that seemed obsessed with war.

So, what does this look like with this band of GOPers in charge of congress with Trump? More of the same. Well, except the juvenile name-calling will escalate.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The other side of me says, this is not the temperament one should expect from a president.

It is for me. If they can't even stand up to some candy ass reporter, how are they going to stand up to Putin or any of those other foreign tough guys?

I've been waiting for years to see one of them tell the media tards to stuff it up their ass. Who knew it would be Trump who finally did it? :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
He's used to doing things with his own money.

We should appreciate that. Most of these guys (and gals, HILLARY) have been funding their whole lives off of other people - donations, tax revenue, etc etc. Their whole career depends on someone else paying for it. Trump lines up investors for his business ventures, sure, but he's never been reliant on normal people like you and me to fund his lifestyle.

If he handles Congress like he handles the press..... :yahoo: If anyone needs to be bullied into submission, it's those idiots.

It is for me. If they can't even stand up to some candy ass reporter, how are they going to stand up to Putin or any of those other foreign tough guys?

I've been waiting for years to see one of them tell the media tards to stuff it up their ass. Who knew it would be Trump who finally did it? :lol:
Agreed! :clap:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
But first one has to believe he's actually serious about all of this and isn't just another one of his ventures. I happen to believe he's not serious about this at all.

He's wasting a whole lotta time not taking this seriously. :yay:

This_person

Whatever gave you the impression Pelosi, Reid, and Obama were the least bit interested in budgets or getting things done fiscally. They were too busy battling the people over Obamacare. Don’t forget they passed that thing with every democrat on board and not one single republican. They got their baby and they were done.

I don’t see a 90s GOP any time soon. They had their chance to get a wall up and they said ‘no’. They had a chance to get spending and size of government under control and they said ‘no’. They had a chance to say ‘no’ to a president that seemed obsessed with war.

So, what does this look like with this band of GOPers in charge of congress with Trump? More of the same. Well, except the juvenile name-calling will escalate.

We agree on the GOP congress, with or without Trump.

The only reason I think that Pelosi-Reid/Obama should be concerned with budgets is THAT'S THEIR JOB! I know you know this, I'm not arguing with you or suggesting you're not aware. It's just beyond frustrating that Obama promised to never sign another budget with as much pork in it as the one presented to him by the Democrat-controlled 111th-congress in 2009. He was right. He's never signed another appropriations bill into law since.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

:yeahthat:

This_person

I heard Walker say he'd cancel the invitation to the Chinese president based on the currency manipulations. I like Walker overall, but disagree with this point. One does not solve issues by kicking people out of a room or treating people in a disrespectful manner. "Standing up to" is not the same as "treating like crap".

Let's go back to 2009 - the White House tried to kick Fox out of the press pool. Everyone freaked that you can't do that to the press, and even MSNBC stood up for Fox in that timeframe. The fact that Trump brought the guy back into the room, after a cooling-off period, is actually the strength I think he showed. The strength wasn't kicking him out, it was bringing him back.

Again, I say I think the whole thing was somewhat staged - a popular (with a particular segment of the population) reporter does something wrong, acts all offended when called on doing something wrong, an outspoken candidate provides a hand-slap to the reporter, then they get to fight for a while on live TV. It was tailor-made to keep Trump above the fold and "our lead story this hour", while giving prominence to a (NBC-owned) minor-league reporter.

Tail, wag your dog.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I heard Walker say he'd cancel the invitation to the Chinese president based on the currency manipulations. I like Walker overall, but disagree with this point. One does not solve issues by kicking people out of a room or treating people in a disrespectful manner. "Standing up to" is not the same as "treating like crap".

Let's go back to 2009 - the White House tried to kick Fox out of the press pool. Everyone freaked that you can't do that to the press, and even MSNBC stood up for Fox in that timeframe. The fact that Trump brought the guy back into the room, after a cooling-off period, is actually the strength I think he showed. The strength wasn't kicking him out, it was bringing him back.

Did you even see what started the incident? Ramos was disrupting the press conference. Trump called on one of the reporters to ask a question and Ramos stood up and started running his mouth and wouldn't sit down. Trump told him several times that he had not been called on, but Ramos kept shouting that he had a right to speak, and kept it up until he was finally kicked out.

So I do not believe Ramos was treated "disrespectfully" at all. HE was the disrespectful one who tried to take over the press conference and wouldn't let the other reporters ask questions. I'm shocked that anyone would look at that video and think Trump was in the wrong for having Ramos removed. If you think that, the only reason is because you hate Trump and want to find fault with him. That is the ONLY reason.