Okay, what's going in the McKay's?

Clem72

Saw what looked like some construction going on at the Leonardtown McKay's. Do we know what's going to be moving in? (other than an underground go-kart track).

skins77

Shoppers food warehouse will be going into California McKays, Leonardtown McKay’s, and Charlotte hall McKays. California first.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
The same Shoppers Food Warehouse that failed in San Souci?

I would have gone with Whole Foods.

Clem72

Shoppers food warehouse will be going into California McKays, Leonardtown McKay’s, and Charlotte hall McKays. California first.
Ah, there goes my dreams of a lidl or super aldis. Thanks for the info, wasn't a fan of the shoppers that closed in California, maybe the new stores will be nicer?

skins77

United Natural foods, inc. UNFI is making a commitment to bring Shoppers stores back. Shoppers food was in a decline over the years when Supervalue supplied them.

SamSpade

It always seems that when a Shoppers or a Weis moves in - it's pretty much the SAME CRAPPY STORE.

Still don't know whatever will go in the old Food Lion where the Hobby Lobby is. Not my idea of a hoppin' shoppin' center.

Clem72

United Natural foods, inc. UNFI is making a commitment to bring Shoppers stores back. Shoppers food was in a decline over the years when Supervalue supplied them.

Sounds like you have the scoop. How does UNFI compare, will it be the same stuff Shoppers always sold or will they have a different focus?

What I can find online says UNFI was mainly just whole foods, does that mean Shoppers may become more of a health oriented store?

tuffenuff2

What about the liquor store part next to the one in Leonardtown. I know the liquor was grandfathered with Mackays but that one was so convenient.

Tech

It always seems that when a Shoppers or a Weis moves in - it's pretty much the SAME CRAPPY STORE.

Still don't know whatever will go in the old Food Lion where the Hobby Lobby is. Not my idea of a hoppin' shoppin' center.
Bring in a Total Wine and it will closes every mom and pops within 5 miles. Shame it's own by Congress critter Trone.