Old farm motor

limblips

PREMO Member
They had it listed as a hit and miss but it turned out to be a throttle governed McCormick Deering LB. They didn't know if it ran so I offered $150 figuring I could part it out if it was shot. Filed the points in the magneto and it fired up. Runs great!

lb.jpg

limblips

PREMO Member
I'll bite. What's it do besides runs great?
Damn, you should remember! Back in your day, before my time, these small motors were used to run a myriad of things around the farm, pumps, cream seperators, washing machines, corn shellers, small grinders, milking machines, washing machines, generators, etc. Many farms didn't have electricity or even a tractor so they used these small portable motors. I have seen ice cream makers hooked up to them.

Reactions: BOP

NOTSMC

Damn, you should remember! Back in your day, before my time, these small motors were used to run a myriad of things around the farm, pumps, cream seperators, washing machines, corn shellers, small grinders, milking machines, washing machines, generators, etc. Many farms didn't have electricity or even a tractor so they used these small portable motors. I have seen ice cream makers hooked up to them.

Bite me. :lmao: