Old people should not drive

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I can think of four Asian women, off the top of my head, who would take offense to that remark; good thing they don't read these forums; but 1) you don't care about that; you don't know them and vice versa and 2) Why pick that specific stereotype? Especially around here. I'd have thought you would make a reference to the "transplants" that drive around here like they're on a freeway.

I'm pretty sure all Asian women would take offense to my remark. It was a joke, kind of - a reference to the John Rocker epic rant from years ago.

However:

When we're driving around somewhere and we see someone make a clearly aggressive "me first" move, such as cutting through several lanes in order to not miss the exit they didn't prepare for, or fail to look and make sure nobody is already occupying the spot in the lane next to them before they try to occupy it themselves, we always laugh and go, "Asian woman." And many times - a disproportionate number of times - we're right.

So...just sayin'.

DEEKAYPEE8569

I'm pretty sure all Asian women would take offense to my remark. It was a joke, kind of - a reference to the John Rocker epic rant from years ago.

However:

When we're driving around somewhere and we see someone make a clearly aggressive "me first" move, such as cutting through several lanes in order to not miss the exit they didn't prepare for, or fail to look and make sure nobody is already occupying the spot in the lane next to them before they try to occupy it themselves, we always laugh and go, "Asian woman." And many times - a disproportionate number of times - we're right.

So...just sayin'.
You can see this on 235 all day; everyday.