OMG. I just cut 6 inches off my hair.

acommondisaster

I never styled mine. Just tied it back. Now I feel an obligation to do something stylish! LOL

Forgive me for what I'm about to say, and I'm not picking on you. I know my opinion isn't worth the time it's taking me to type this, but: I don't understand anyone letting their hair grow long and then keeping it pulled back - so many women seem to do this - maybe it's an emotional attachment to the hair itself. It isn't very flattering, once a woman is out of her twenties. I've always wondered - why wash and dry all that hair, only to pull it all back out of sight, as if it wasn't there? Hair framing the face is a good thing; helps soften features.
Glad you like your new hairstyle.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Forgive me for what I'm about to say, and I'm not picking on you. I know my opinion isn't worth the time it's taking me to type this, but: I don't understand anyone letting their hair grow long and then keeping it pulled back - so many women seem to do this - maybe it's an emotional attachment to the hair itself. It isn't very flattering, once a woman is out of her twenties. I've always wondered - why wash and dry all that hair, only to pull it all back out of sight, as if it wasn't there? Hair framing the face is a good thing; helps soften features.

I agree with this!

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant

Speaking for myself, I know I let my hair grow because I loved it, then kept it because it was familiar. But then I had to pull it back to see things little things and projects, to clean, to work, to cook dinner, to not get it caught up in something. Then it became a matter of not having the time no energy to "fix" my hair everyday. Then it became a matter of having the time, money, energy to go get it cut. And then it became a matter of my regular hair dresser refusing to cut my hair. So then it became a matter of finding someone else who would.

Real life gets in the way of many women being able to go to a fashionista stylist and getting a new do every few weeks.

That's how it happens.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
I keep mine long because I like it. I wear it up at work every day because I don't blow dry my hair in the AM. I can't skip my shower in AM because there is no way that I will be semi-awake for the commute. I do wear it down when I go out and will blow dry it and use product. My hair is stick straight and fine. I just have a lot of it.

Tami2red

It was more of a convenience thing. I tend to do a lot of lifting and running around at work, so it was just easier to keep it off my neck and face while at work. When DH and I went out, it was always 'done'.

Roman

I agree with this also. I do have to pull my hair back at work, because I assist during surgery. When it's hot in the summer, and I'm outside, I pull it back. The only bad thing about having long hair, is when it's windy out, and the drain in the tub gets clogged here & there. Other than that, I think it's easier having long hair than it is short hair. Trims twice a year, and all is good.

Tami2red

I agree with this also. I do have to pull my hair back at work, because I assist during surgery. When it's hot in the summer, and I'm outside, I pull it back. The only bad thing about having long hair, is when it's windy out, and the drain in the tub gets clogged here & there. Other than that, I think it's easier having long hair than it is short hair. Trims twice a year, and all is good.

I agree. I think long hair is MUCH easier. And it's not *short* now. Not super short anyway. For the first time in years I can sleep with it down and not worry about a rat's nest when I wake up! :yay:

sockgirl77

I'm not in my 20s and have hair to my ass. I pull it up when needed, but tend to wear it down almost always. I am constantly told that I hide behind my hair and that I should wear it up more often. However, I so rarely do pull it up.

I bought one of these on clearance for $3.00 and I LOVE it. It has completely changed my life. My hair was completely lifeless and I HATE curling irons. It takes me just a few minutes to fix my hair in the mornings. I use it while blow drying, I fluff a tiny bit, and a spray a tiny bit of hairspray. It's really that simple.

I have wanted to cut my hair a few times over the past few years, but the caveman is in love with my hair. If he's happy, I'm happy. :biggrin:

Attachments

• air curler.png
    air curler.png
    111.5 KB · Views: 79

acommondisaster

I'm not in my 20s and have hair to my ass. I pull it up when needed, but tend to wear it down almost always. I am constantly told that I hide behind my hair and that I should wear it up more often. However, I so rarely do pull it up.

I bought one of these on clearance for $3.00 and I LOVE it. It has completely changed my life. My hair was completely lifeless and I HATE curling irons. It takes me just a few minutes to fix my hair in the mornings. I use it while blow drying, I fluff a tiny bit, and a spray a tiny bit of hairspray. It's really that simple.

I have wanted to cut my hair a few times over the past few years, but the caveman is in love with my hair. If he's happy, I'm happy. :biggrin:

THIS I can understand. It's the always pulled back- and I get that it can be easier to pull it back for certain types of work. I just don't get the pulled back for years and years.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I cut almost 16 inches off my hair and haven't looked back. Best thing I ever did.

Your short 'do is adorable :yay:

My hair is getting to the point where I'm considering a cut. But polished just isn't "me" - I'm more of a messy type with hair all over the place instead of a good coif. I keep thinking I'm too old to have longer hair, though.