Omg!!

BEADELDOG

I am doggie sitting my friends dog and it is so BAD!!!! I put him downstairs with my male dog and he tears up everything in his path. I have never owned a dog like this, so I don't know how to handle it. My friend left his crate, but she never sticks him in it. I leave at 5:45 and don't return until 5:00, is it ok to stick him it for that long? I would feel really bad, but I can't stand coming home to this mess every day.

Any other suggestions? I have him until the 8th :faint:

Cowgirl

12 hrs is kind of a long time to be in a crate. Is it an adult dog? What breed? It's easier for larger adult dogs to spend longer amounts of time in the crate. Have you tried blocking him into a room where there's less to damage? Maybe a kitchen or garage? Do you leave him bones or things to play with?

If you absolutely have to leave him in the crate the whole time, limit his water intake before you leave in the morning and make sure he gets enough exercise when you get home. Good luck.

BEADELDOG

12 hrs is kind of a long time to be in a crate. Is it an adult dog? What breed? It's easier for larger adult dogs to spend longer amounts of time in the crate. Have you tried blocking him into a room where there's less to damage? Maybe a kitchen or garage? Do you leave him bones or things to play with?

If you absolutely have to leave him in the crate the whole time, limit his water intake before you leave in the morning and make sure he gets enough exercise when you get home. Good luck.

I have my house for sale, so I have to block my dog's in a room in the basement. I never have a problem with my dog's trying to get out, but this little monster is amazing!!! He is only 20 pounds, but he can tear up some pretty heavy stuff. I think he is a Boston Terrier; I always leave lots of stuff for them all to play with. He just does not like to be blocked in, but I am scared to let him roam.

deemerma

Come drop him off at my house on your way to work. I live in Waldorf and have a Golden and a Golden mix who play all day--outside and inside--and we are home with them all day, 2 kids myself and my sister. They even have their own pool and an inside/outside cat to terrorize:howdy:!

BEADELDOG

Come drop him off at my house on your way to work. I live in Waldorf and have a Golden and a Golden mix who play all day--outside and inside--and we are home with them all day, 2 kids myself and my sister. They even have their own pool and an inside/outside cat to terrorize:howdy:!

Wish it was on my way, I would drop them all off!! Thanks :huggy:

krazd_kat

Help "Invisible Dogs"
Although 12 hours might seem like a long time to have a dog in a crate, it's safer for the dog (especially in a new place) and offers more peace to the babysitter.

I'd try him for a couple of hours while you are home though to see if there's anyway he can hurt himself or work his way out. Put something for him to chew inside it.

Poohhunny1605

I have my house for sale, so I have to block my dog's in a room in the basement. I never have a problem with my dog's trying to get out, but this little monster is amazing!!! He is only 20 pounds, but he can tear up some pretty heavy stuff. I think he is a Boston Terrier; I always leave lots of stuff for them all to play with. He just does not like to be blocked in, but I am scared to let him roam.

I used to get those "Kongs", fill it up w/peanut butter and put it in the freezer. In the morning you can give it to him and it will occupy him forever. I used to do this w/my little JRTs. My friend who has a Boston Terrier taught me this trick.