On line drivers license renewal

softtouch

I'm not sure why your DL renewal is so complex. I just had mine renewed 1 year ago. They mailed me a new DL. I didn't step foot into the DMV. They used my same picture?
The DMV e-mail I received said I needed an eye exam. It said I could renew my license online if my eye doctor submitted my test results electronically, which Maryland Eye Associates doesn't do.
I have never had any trouble passing the eye test at the DMV. Since I turn 85 in June I doubt they will be letting me skate on any eye exams.

Last edited:

steppinthrax

The DMV e-mail I received said I needed an eye exam. It said I could do it online if my eye doctor submitted my test results electronically, which Maryland Eye Associates doesn't do.
I have never had any trouble passing the eye test at the DMV. Since I turn 85 in June I doubt they will be letting me skate on any eye exams.

OH... so that might be it. I'm around 33-34 years old.

FED_UP

A friend told me that the eye DR. exam is tougher than the DMV. Can't remember the exact numbers.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
You have to get a form signed by your eye doc. Because I can't pass the standard Maryland vision test I have to do it every time.

Well my "vision provider" Maryland Eye Associates doesn't do the electronic submission thing.
So it's off to Loveville per usual.

My DL expires in May and I got the renewal form in the mail last week. The portion about the eye examination was right on the back of the registration renewal. I just got my eyes examined and new glasses a couple of weeks ago. Took the form over to My Eye Doctor's office and got it filled out. I just dropped it off one day and picked it up the next day. Easy peasy!

Looks like I can renew by mail this time, and the next time will have to go in. It's good for 7 year years or so. :yay:

warneckutz

Don't forget :smh:

:fixed: btw.....

I just find it funny that you responded to a post made FIVE days ago.

There's the cool option that tells you when another user has posted in the same thread as you... it's simple and effective.

I don't have a set schedule when I check the site either. You're not gaining any ground on your quips.

DEEKAYPEE8569

There's the cool option that tells you when another user has posted in the same thread as you... it's simple and effective.

I don't have a set schedule when I check the site either. You're not gaining any ground on your quips.
I may not be 'gaining any ground,' but I don't care. I have as much privilege to post here as you do.
Don't like what I have to say.....don't read what I post.

warneckutz

I may not be 'gaining any ground,' but I don't care. I have as much privilege to post here as you do.
Don't like what I have to say.....don't read what I post.

Nobody is denying your right to post, it just keeps things entertaining! :yay:

Now don't be a bully and try and boss people around. :wink: